Saturday, October 20, 2012

2 Weeks and Counting!

It has been SUCH a wonderful week - both with competition stuff, and otherwise. I'm just feeling so great about everything and I hope this high can continue to carry me through the next two weeks!

Everything is falling into place for the competition quite nicely. I practiced posing with Meredith yesterday and even though there were a number of things I needed to fix about my positioning, I just left feeling like I really can and am doing this. My posing is coming together nicely, we worked on my wave and walking on and off the stage and then just had a nice talk. I got some things off my chest and she reassured me on so many things. I'm feeling very excited for this competition and know that as long as I keep doing what I've been doing, come the 3rd it's completely beyond my control what happens, and honestly that takes a lot of pressure off.

Today I put on my tanner for the first time on my forearm and holy hell I changed races real quick.

That's one coat. I'll be putting on two. :) I then bought a heap of makeup to match my new skin color - okay not a heap but, yanno, bought makeup. Honestly, that was the first time I've ever bought makeup for myself. What an experience. The MAC lady was super confused when I told her I wanted makeup to match the paint. She eventually caught on and also taught me how to put on eyeshadow. You would think growing up in a house with 4 sisters I would've learned this before, but alas. I practiced tonight after my shower and I think I did pretty well. I'll keep working on it :)

I've also come to love Chai Tea.. from anywhere really.. and have started to make it at home. I act like this has been going on a while. No. This started yesterday. For the last 2 weeks or so I've been getting headaches around 4:30 every day and it's most likely due to my diet. So I've been trying to incorporate some caffeine in around that time to avoid having a headache. Well, little did I know, Chai Tea does not have caffeine, but it's still good. So I'm pretending it helps and then I'm also taking an ibuprofen or something of the sort. Hah whatever, I'm enjoying myself.

2 weeks to go. 14 Days to give it my all and accomplish my goals. Time to get to work :)

6 comments:

  1. Chai has caffeine unless you bought a decaf version. Try green tea for caffeine too! Love you so much...youre almost there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup was going to tell you the same as anne. all black tea has some caffeine (chai = black).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you have the best sisters in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Head up heart strong! You got this! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Sunday begins your peak week! Wishing you a week of relaxation, inner strength & most importantly the time of your life! Enjoy my figure sister!

    ReplyDelete