Saturday, October 13, 2012

3 Weeks: Rock Chalk

3 Weeks from now and I'll already be done with the pre-judging and awaiting show time! I've been working on getting all the small details in place this week - jewelry, tanning, eyelashes, bikini glue, body paint, etc. It is making it so real.. not that it wasn't real before, but there are constant reminders that it is just right around the corner now. I've completed over 20 weeks of training, and with 3 more to go, I'm just now realizing that the end result doesn't really matter. All I want is to enjoy myself when I'm on stage and be thankful for all of the people who have supported me and helped me get there. It really is about the journey, not the destination. Of course I'd love to bring home a trophy, but all along that wasn't my main goal. My goals for this competition were simple: I wanted to train the whole time and not give up, I wanted to prove to myself that I could be 100% committed and dedicated to something and withstand any peer pressure I felt along the way that would deviate me from my goals, and I wanted to challenge my body in a way it hasn't been challenged. So far, I feel like I've done great. I have 20 more days to count my macros and hit my numbers, 20 more opportunities to work on posing and getting a good lat spread and 20 more days of workouts - lifting and/or cardio. I have plenty of opportunities to keep fulfilling my goals and to keep improving. Positive thoughts, only, on this end.

On a non-competition related note, last night was KU's Late Night in the Phog. I was luckily able to stream it online and got to get chills with every other Jayhawk as we watched the "Dream On" intro video that they only show on Late Night

We had fans lined up outside since 9am for it.. doors didn't open until 4:30pm. 2,000 fans were turned away..
Being a Jayhawk is an incredible feeling. I love everything about Kansas. "Last year we said to enjoy the process [of a rebuilding year] ... The process worked out OK last year" -Bill Self. Rock Chalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment