Sunday, October 7, 2012

27 Days: Within My Reach

We are on the home stretch. Under 4 weeks to go and I'm feeling good. Nutrition is going well, workouts are going well, and my body is responding well. It's been a nice weekend, not too much to do - no tests to study for - but enough to keep me productive and not feeling bored.

My sister, Mary, was able to find a SUPER cheat flight (seriously, if you are going somewhere check Southwest NOW!) to come down to paint me and she is going to come to my competition. I'm really excited to know someone will be there for me all day and to have her support! Thanks, Mare! I'm also excited to celebrate with her after.

Today, is just a cardio day for my workout. 40 minutes on the treadmill and I'll be done. I'll also probably do a little yoga because my body is very tight and sore from this last week of workouts. The workouts were still brutal this week with the 30s rests, but weight has improved. I realized its much easier for me to suck it up and push heavy after 30s with my legs then it is with my upper body. I'll curse and scream (not really on the screaming.. I'm not one of those lifters, but cursing is fair game in my opinion) with each rep, but I'll still get it done. Probably why my legs are 1000x more sore than anything else. I also like hitting them twice a week. They've been split up into quad emphasis one day and glute/ham emphasis the other. My upper body I'm still lifting heavy, but I can't force myself to get the weight up if my body is exhausted - too much sacrifice of form and compensation by other muscles.

Well, that's all I've got for today. I'm going to redo my meals for this week to add some variety and try some new recipes from the Everyday Paleo cookbook Mary got me. I'll let you know if I find anything healthy easy and delicious! Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment