Monday, October 1, 2012

5 Weeks and It's Official

Five weeks from Saturday, I will be back stage getting ready for the show. I'm excited. You probably think I'm living on an emotional roller coaster given my last post to now me being excited, and honestly, I probably am. On bad days I second guess myself, on good days I'm ready to tackle this thing head on. Whatever.

I have officially (finally) registered for the competition. Quincy Robert's Elite Muscle Classic.
I'm excited. Have I said that yet? It seems so real now. I also start tanning this week. I can't even remember the last time I was in a tanning bed. Only going a few times this week and next and then I get painted. This makes it seem ridiculously real and way too ridiculously close. Can hardly handle it. My posing is coming along nicely. I am no longer feeling completely off balance when I lean forward --already 5" up on my toes and I'm supposed to lean forward.. that's fun -- and my arches haven't been cramping up as much either. All good.

Last week, we switched up my workouts to doing more isolation movements and decreasing rest from 2 minutes between sets to ~30s. I used to always do 30s rests.. or no rest. I'd just superset or active rest my whole workout. But now dropping down to 30s. Holy crap. It hits me like a ton of bricks to the face when that 30s is up. I had chest and biceps today, finished it up with a little core and cardio, then went back for posing. Going to a gym 3x a day is not what I think is ideal.. but with my schedule, whatever I can do to get it in has to work.

Well, folks, tomorrow is a new day. I have lots to do, lots to work on, and lots of planning for the next few weeks. I'm happy and staying positive. 32 Days. It's on! Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment