Sunday, September 16, 2012

48 Days: Barbie or Britney?

I painted my nails yesterday for this first time in a grip. And they turned out beautifully. Barbie pink and all. It was honestly the most beautiful paint job I have ever completed -- not one chip, not one drip of polish on my skin -- I was impressed with myself. And then I got to work and ruined two of them. Sad day.

It's raining now in Chapel Hill and I'm a bit disappointed. This week has had the most beautiful weather, and I had planned on going hiking with Blizzard in Pitsboro this morning, but the rain but a damper on that idea.. literally. So poor Bliz will just have to suffer through my day of studying, again. Sometimes the life of a dog must be extremely boring.

This week was uneventful. Lots of school work, lots of reading, lots of working. I had some great workouts this week, though. I gave up on the 6am gym sessions because I felt I wasn't able to push myself as well, and that the quality of my workout was highly variable. So I started going around 7:30 pm, gym is dead. The workouts have been much better but I don't like that now I'm sleeping in until 6/630 am. I feel like I'm wasting my day, even though I know the majority of you are still sound asleep.  That's what happens when you're a morning person. I'm also recently obsessed with the show Prison Break. It came out in 2005 so chances are you've seen it... or you have completely missed it like me. Anyway, it's on Netflix and it is AMAZING. So, so, good I encourage you to blow off everything you have to do and sit down for hours and watch it. You won't regret it. Well, you might regret the blowing things off part, but not the butt-sitting and entertainment.

I was also supposed to have my first posing session with Meredith this week, but unfortunately things came up and we had to reschedule. Such is life. I suppose it will give me more time to practice on my own so I don't look like a complete fool when I first meet her. Yes, I said first. No, I have not yet met the woman I obsessively obey and cling to every word she says. Whatever. It's just like you idolized Britney Spears when you were younger. I bet you wish you never gave up on that dream - you could have had a 55-hour Vegas marriage with your best grade school friend, the same year get engaged to a guy as sexy as K-Fed after knowing him only 3 months (even though his ex-girlfriend was pregnant with his 2nd kid), have 2 babies, get divorced, go to rehab for a day, shave your head, go back to rehab, get fat, and then get out and be amazing again. Actually, besides the 3 years of chaos, her life isn't all that bad.

Time seems to be moving slowly lately. I am 7 weeks away from competition, and I feel like it's been forever since I was 10 weeks out. I'm ready for it to be here. Yes, I still have a lot of work to do but I am just eager for it to be November. Ahh, it will be here before I know it though. Just 48 more days..

No comments:

Post a Comment