Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday's Expletive

How is it 10pm already? There is still so much I should be doing. Yikes.

Today started with me snoozing my alarm for a good hour and a half. I thought about turning it off and resetting it, but I've done that before and somehow messed up the "resetting it" part. Luckily Bliz has a pretty great internal clock and woke me up on time, but its not something I like to test out. 4:30 this morning just wasn't happening for me. So instead, I did my lifting during my lunch break and I am going to have to do some cardio over the weekend. This weekend isn't full of work shifts, so I should have no problem getting it in.

My workout today was bis, tris, and core and it was THE BEST workout I've had in so long. I started with barbell curls, which I usually am bitching about by the 3rd set. But today, I sucked it up, increased weight, and pumped out my 12 reps and 12 partials. It felt great. The rest of the workout went in a similar fashion and I increased weight on EVERY. SINGLE. LIFT. Love that feeling. The workout lasted a good hour and 50 minutes, so I was late to class but, thats a little price to pay for such a great gym experience. Seriously. I wish I could feel like that every day. I know it's unrealistic, but attitude has so much to do with it. Usually on my barbell curls, I am hating every moment of it that on the next set I convince myself I won't be able to keep the weight and need to drop. Or that I need to do fewer reps. But today I told myself I was going to keep the weight. If I didn't make it, so be it, but I was going to try. I'm not going to lie, I was cursing and dropping the f-bomb on every rep past 7, possibly loudly since I've taken to blaring my music, but I got there. The expletives were worth it.

Well folks, I've finished my last meal for the day and only have 13 minutes left in these heels so I'm off to bed. Hope your Tuesday was as awesome as mine! Keep pushing through these next few days and we'll be back to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment