Friday, September 7, 2012

57 Days: Tears on the Treadmill

I am proud of myself. My good friend Stephanie wanted to go to celebrate her birthday at a mexican restaurant. I didn't eat one chip or have one sip of a margarita, and still enjoyed the company. Didn't get to bed until about 11:30pm - which is super late, but still woke up by 6:30am so that I could get to the gym before work.

I had a pretty great chest workout, increased weight and reps and felt good throughout. This whole week has been a great week of workouts, but I hadn't gotten too many days of cardio in, so I'll be hitting the gym this weekend too. Which I'm perfectly happy about. I'd give up days of 3 hour workouts and put in two extra 40 minute days. Worth it. Anyway, this morning I was on the treadmill (16% incline 3.0 mph and still keeping my HR within range. Getting fit!) I was doing my daily reading of SI, and I stumbled upon, well flipped to, an article about the Georgia baseball team. Oh. My. Gosh. Tear jerker. I don't know when I become so soft. I think it was when I lived with some soccer guys the summer after my junior year of college and one of them introduced me to Soap.net and the great show The O.C. Yup. I hadn't seen more than an episode before and every day when I came home from summer school we would sit on the couch and watch this show. Anyway, that led me to Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, etc, etc and now I'm a softy and cry whenever I read articles and watch TV shows/movies. So there I was on the treadmill, sweating all over the belt and the SI magazine, and the tears started flowing. I am sure I looked like a fool, but it was such a sad situation. Makes me feel blessed to have everything I do have in my life and a healthy family and all my friends who are such a great support and amazing people. Blessed.

I made it to work, where they were giving us all cake to celebrate the months birthdays/anniversaries and what not. Turned that down as well. I am having such a great week - 100% with my nutrition, great workouts - and I am not giving that up, so I said no. Another great thing that happened at work, I spent about 2 minutes in an elevator.. just standing there before I realized it wasn't moving because I hadn't pressed the button. Interesting day to say the least.

I also got tonight, Sunday brunch, and Wednesday night off work since we are overstaffed which is GREAT. More time to devote to my school and my fitness and my Bliz. So today after work, I took her to the trails and we explored for two hours. It was the best. Tomorrow, we are off to the quarry to hike and swim. I love my puppy time!

Well there's a lot I have to do this weekend. Hope yours is great, because I know mine will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment