Tuesday, August 21, 2012

74 Days: Feeling Great

Well, Bliz and I made it back to Chapel Hill in one piece. We stopped in Nashville Saturday night instead of doing it all in one night again. She is such a good watch dog, she just sat at the end of the bed and watched the door all night instead of sleeping, which made Sunday a great day of driving. She just snoozed the whole way. It's been so funny having her back in the hill though. Every time I leave she goes right to her kennel as she always has, but when I get home and let her out she is so dang excited and jumps up and down and runs circles around me licking my ankles and elbows (weird? maybe.). I love that furry animal.

It has been so great being back in my familiar gym with familiar faces... even if it is more crowded then ideal. I'm just happy to be back and smile (or curse.. depending on the lift) through my whole workouts. Yesterday I got all 32 pull ups unassisted and today I added 15# onto my dips. It was awesome doing things I either was nervous to attempt or hadn't completed yet. I'm still getting PRs on almost every exercise and progress is going great, in my opinion. I'm not going to lie, though, wearing a weight belt with the weight and chains hanging.. I felt like a true meathead. Proud moment :)

Nutrition has been awesome these last 4 days (the 2 day drive and 2 days I've been back in CH), despite all the temptations. We had a pot-luck lunch for the first years orientation - of which I could eat nothing - and then left overs and a birthday today, of which I ate nothing. AND it was angel food cake for the bday dessert! That is MY birthday cake. I get one from my lovely family EVERY day the week of my birthday. I may be spoiled.. but I just can't help how much my family loves me :) It honestly wasn't that hard to resist though. I'm getting down to it.. almost 10 weeks away.. and I'm devoting myself 100% to this. I have classmates and teachers give me so many wonderful compliments and bits of encouragement and support these last few days, and it truly is motivating. I want to do this. I want to transform my body. And I want to win. Period. I don't need to give in to temptations. A piece of cake may satisfy me for the 2 minutes it takes to eat it.. but accomplishing my goal will satisfy me for years. Easy choice!

I hope you all are having as great of a start to this week as I am. Don't worry about everything on your to-do list and everything you want to accomplish. Break it down into little steps -- mini goals -- and you will achieve anything!
"Slow down. There is no need to rush. Whatever happens in this day can prepare you for future days. Everything cannot happen at once. Allow each day to unfold as it is meant to be." - Kathy M Irr

No comments:

Post a Comment