Thursday, August 16, 2012

79 Days: Ouch!

I am accident prone. This is probably no surprise to my family and anyone I've played sports in, but I think it is seriously getting out of hand since I am now injuring myself in my sleep. Last night, well approximately 3am this morning, I rolled over in bed and BAM! slammed my face against the desk next to the bed. It started bleeding so I slept with an ice pack against my face and was crossing my fingers I wouldn't wake up with a black eye. Luck was on my side (I suppose), because I just woke up with a nice cut and bump above my eye, and slight bruising around the cut. No black eye.. yet.

Then, when I was helping my mom move a table, I ran the table over my foot and nearly tore off my toenail and that started bleeding all over my foot and sandal. Luckily I was wearing my black Rainbows, so no damage done. :) I will say, though, my ability to clot is phenomenal.

I'm planning on trying out for UNC's club soccer team this coming week. Although given my injury history, this may be a bad idea for the competition. But even if I didn't try out, I'd be playing adult league, and that's where I got hurt this last year so it just might be inevitable. Whatever.. I'll heal.

Gym today was great. It was my second back/rear-delts day and I hit them HARD. I got a PR in EVERY SINGLE LIFT. I'm pleased to say the least. My butt was burning/sore this morning though, so I forewent (you like that? twice in one week! All this reading sure is paying off) cardio. I'll finish it up Friday and Saturday before leaving for Kansas.

This is a short post. I have important things to get back too. But nutrition and workouts have been on point so far today and I'm loving life. Not looking forward to the drives I have ahead, lots of planning to get ready for those!

2 comments:

  1. oh sooz bagooz, maybe you should sleep in one of those dog cone head things? i bet blizzy would let you borrow hers? she is quite generous, you know...takes after her cousin nutmeg HA HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the PR! Keep hitting it hard! Let me know if I can ever help you with anything. Figure sistiers stick together & always cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete