Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ten Weeks

Its been a busy week getting back to school, starting a new job, and trying to get in the swing of my new routine, all on top of eating right and lifting heavy. But just being in Greensboro today, I have no doubts how much I want this and how hard I need to work.

Today I went to the Muscle Heat competition that Quincy Roberts put on --same guy that is putting on my show. I have never seen a competition actually in person so I really just wanted to get a feel for the thing, and it is .. well, an experience. The bodybuilding men, figure and fitness women were all what I expected. Except that figure only does the 4 side poses in pre-judging - no double armed biceps, lat, chest, or triceps poses that the body building and women's physique do. The men's physique and women's bikini were definitely the crowd favorites. It was going nuts in there and I really couldn't stop laughing. An experience. But the main thing I've taken away from this is how hard those people work. And the ones who didn't work as hard, well its obvious. There was a guy, 50+ bodybuilder division, who had been outside sucking down on a cigarette. Two minutes later he was on stage with one other competitor, and you could just tell - despite how cut he was - that he smoked. Another thing I took away from it is that every competitor has there own strengths. Some figure competitors have great lats and not well defined abs, while others backs don't have much definition, but there abs are solid. I can't do anything about my genetics, but I can bring my best package to the stage.  If I work hard and really focus and push myself these next ten weeks, then I'll be ready to get on stage and I'll be confident with what I've got. Competitions are so subjective, so all I can do is bring my best self and have fun.

After being here this morning, I'm anxious to get back to the gym and get lifting. I'm anxious to cut my diet even more to get more defined. And I'm especially anxious to start posing and get the shoes.

A couple more hours and I'm off to watch the finals. I'll give you a re-cap on that later. Have a great weekend, give the best you can and you'll always feel successful.

2 comments: