Wednesday, August 15, 2012

80 Days: The Best YOU

What a wonderful wonderful couple of days it has been. Yesterday was perfect. Workout was solid, although I forwent (yup, thats the past tense of for(e)go.. I looked it up :) ) cardio, and nutrition was SPOT ON. No treats, no unnecessary snacking, and it made me so happy, because at dinner time, I was able to have fruit. Y'all don't understand.. I don't know the last time I had fruit. I had to cut it out of my PWO smoothies and haven't had it in maybe over a month. I was happy. And then I got to have a second serving of dinner! Life is good.

Today, I had a great gym workout - hit legs hards - and finished up with some cardio. I increased weight on squats (up to 270 now!) and lunges, and FINALLY got to get back to doing my hamstring curls prone, not seated. Yesterday, I also got to finally use a barbell for my standing BB Press and not the smith machine which was a blessing as well. Next week I'll be free to use barbells and benches as much as I please, we'll see how the weights change. I have no idea how to measure my weight when I use a smith machine, so I just count the weight I add. Do you count the weight of the bar? Since it slides, is it negligible? What about friction? Blah, too much to concern myself with, so I just ignore it.

Weather in Iowa has been great as well. Cool in the 60s over night and during the morning, then 80s usually in the day so I can sit by the pool and play ball with the 3 pups. Today it's getting up to 97, though, but it is still much more enjoyable then NC weather. Maybe because I actually have something to do outside to enjoy it.. who knows. It's great though.

Motivation continues:
Successful people put their heart and soul into everything they do, no matter how small that task is. Take advantage of your youth, your health, your drive, and the time you have to become the best. You may think you are busy, but even if you have a full time job, a family to provide for or come home to, school to study and prepare for, etc, you are not so busy that you can't put your health and YOUR GOALS in the front line. Don't be frustrated because you don't get the results you want or because other people are getting things you want if you aren't putting EVERYTHING you have towards your goal EVERY second of EVERY day. You may have a commitment 8 hours a day, need 8 hours of sleep, and then think you don't have enough time left in the day to study, eat, workout, etc. But if it's important to you, you will make time. And you have 8 hours left! Work your hardest at school and at work so that when your commitment there is done, you don't have to do more work at home. Take advantage of the time you have and stop wasting it on facebook and pintrest and reading my blog whatever else you do online (keep reading my blog!) Your success fuels your ambition. It gives you extra energy. It makes you excited to wake up in the morning to achieve more things. The disciplines that were so difficult in the beginning become second nature. Earn all you possibly can and do the best that you can do and that is enough.

Are you doing your best? Are you going to be successful in your life? This year? This week? Today? Go out there and do the best you can. Don't settle for less.

Enjoy your Wednesday, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment