Monday, August 13, 2012

82 Days: Time for a Break

I am an awful blogger. It has been a week since my last post.. I'm sorry, I guess I've been busy :)

Last week was great, it was my last week of clinicals and I got to say goodbye to my Greensboro gym! I also started new workouts last week, with the same split as before, and I was sore. I started the week with Back and Rear Delts and got to try out some pull ups, which I've been DYING to do since they were taken out of my workouts for the last 3 weeks, and was stoked to be able to do 8 unassisted in a row! Life is good :)

Friday I left Greensboro at 3:40 am (ET) and got to Sioux City at 10:40 pm (CST). For those of you who still don't know how you passed 2nd grade math, thats a 20 hour drive, 1300 miles. And I only stopped 3 times to use the bathroom and to get gas! Awesome. I also decided in this car trip that I love driving and road trips - but I love them more when I don't have someone else with me. If I ever have to go on this long of a trip with someone who needs to go to the bathroom or "rest" more then every 350/400 miles.. only one of us will be arriving at the destination. This will be a very important quality in any future husband. Better start training your bladders now fellas. I did, though, almost die for an exploding bladder. I was driving through Missouri (greatest part of the drive..) and had already had a gallon of water and needed to go BADLY. I pulled off at an exit that said it had a gas station.. just to find out it was 5 miles down the road. So I pulled a U-ey and got back on the interstate for attempt two. I really considered pulling over on the interstate and running in between the trees to let it flow. I had TP in the car so it wasn't really a difficult decision.. I just REALLY don't like wasting time stopping just to go to the bathroom and not get gas as well. Efficiency is what it's all about. Anyway, I luckily found a place an hour after starting to think I was going to die, and luckily survived to tell you all about it. I also had packed all my food for the trip - salads, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, chicken, veggies - so despite my near death, road rage in Saint Louis, and my car now smelling reeking, it was a great trip.

Saturday was my friends wedding, and it was great. I made it the whole reception without drinking, although I did eat the dinner which probably had a little bit extra carbs then I needed, but was healthy. I had a great time and got to catch up with a lot of people I hadn't seen in so many years. I also realized that basically 90% of my high school friends are married, engaged, or have children. I'll get there when I'm 30. Maybe.

Well folks, I am going to spend the rest of my vacation relaxing by the pool, playing with my dogs, and working out. And by staying out of the car as much as possible. Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment