Thursday, August 30, 2012

65 Days: Yes I still blog..

It's been a crazy week, I'm sorry. I think I made this same excuse last week. I'm like a broken record.. or a person you are in group projects with who never participates.. or someone with a job who doesn't want to do it. Okay that's a stretch.. really unrelated.. but it was the "piss-me-off moment" of the day today. BUT! I had a great workout, and I'm over it.

I started a new set of workouts this week. It was great. A LOT of pullups.. most of which I did unassisted. Today I had to do 4 sets of 10-12. That last wasn't happening without a little help, so I took off 10# of body weight and got them done. I'm seriously loving the fact that I can do as many pull-ups as I can though. Last semester in our exercise prescription class we had to make a workout for someone else and the one created for me had the goal of being able to do x number of pullups (without doing one throughout the entire semester). I don't remember what the number was, but I do remember remember I could only do 6. Looks like hard work pays off, people :) Other exciting things about my workouts this week is that leg press and RDL's are back! It makes me love leg days again. I had that yesterday and my hammies are feeling the love today!

Nutrition has also slightly changed. The amount of fat I'm able to have has dropped slightly - which I'm thrilled about. Honestly, it was getting to the point where I was just taking a Tbsp of flax seed oil at night to get all my fat in, and it is not delicious. This is much more doable for me. I can't tell if the drop in combination with the new workouts have made my energy levels drop, or if its just this whole being a good student thing I'm trying out. I know it's not September yet, but I started my September resolution early. I'm reading EVERYTHING assigned for class BEFORE class.. for the first time in my life. Well, to an extent. I only have books for 2 of my 4 classes that require books. But I'm still reading everything else for those classes so it's a huge step for me. Bettering myself one month at a time.

But anyway.. scheduling has really thrown me off. A typical day? Wake up at 4:30, gym 6-7:30, class 8-4ish, gym to do cardio 4-5, home to read/cook/eat/clean/play with Bliz, bed by 9. That's 4 hours of life. Honestly most days I'm ready to go to bed by noon.. and definitely by the time I get home at 5. But I stay up (after 5) to eat. Gotta eat to grow, y'all. On that note, I met an old guy (story of my life, right?) at the gym Wed am. Previously, we've just had the ol' Good morning! How's it going? Good, you? Well, I'm here.. convo (obv I'm the chipper "good morning" one that early). But Wed we had a couple chats. He apparently used to compete with his girlfriend at the time. He told me they'd have 1 beer and a big thing of yogurt once a week - to have fun and keep sane. And that they only worked out 3 days/week for 3 hours/day. That's great. But I am not doing either of those things. He also then proceeded to ramble off a list of exercises I should incorporate into my routines. I love it. Everytime I'm at the gym - and I'm sure this goes for plenty of you with the gym, or with other goals in life - someone can't go on with their day without stopping to give me their advice. Sometimes, I just mean mug. Not during the advice.. but during the approach. I'm not at the gym to meet a boyfriend, so you all can scram. But I've learned that when they give you advice, listen, smile nicely, nod, do whatever. Thank them for their advice and then go on your way and ignore them. You can't take advice and direction from too many people or you will never get anywhere. Listen to yourself, or whoever you choose to follow, but ultimately it is your journey so make it what YOU want.

I got my shoes today! I'm super pumped about it. I love them. All that plastic clearness and 5 inches that goes along with them. They are surprisingly very comfortable. I'm ready to start learning my poses. Everything is coming together great, and I'm so happy about it. What are your thoughts on these bad boys? After Nov. 3rd if you want to borrow them to wear to the club - just let me know.. quite flattering :)



Well, folks, I gotta get to work. Literally. Working 6 shifts over the next 4 days and then I have to do all of my reading/good student crap on top of it. I love life :) Embrace what you have, y'all, we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment