Wednesday, August 1, 2012

94: August Resolution

I just spit eggs out onto my plate.. way too hot. They look the same as the one's on my plate, pre-chewed. I don't know if that's good or not, whatever. It's been an extremely busy-but good-week so far. Yes, I realize it's only Wednesday. I give my inservice tomorrow at "work" and am still not sure if I'm working Friday or not. No way I'm bringing it up, though, until Thursday at 4 so that hopefully I won't have to come in because it'll be too late :) I'm awful. Oh well, I want a 3 day weekend! This weekend is going to be extremely busy for me. Why? What do you have to do?, you ask? Well, I have to clean my apartment and respond to emails and pack for 1 week of work, 1 week of home, and 22 hours worth of food to eat while I drive. I also understand this can all be accomplished in a morning, but having a list that I can't start working at yet, drives me nuts. So I'm going to be uptight until Friday or Saturday when I can get to work.

Let's talk nutrition. I've hit my numbers- more or less.. I haven't been over and have been within 3 of everything-everyday since Sunday when they dropped. Sunday evening I was tired, cranky, and hungry. Monday I was pretty exhausted as well, and since I didn't have to work out it was hard for me to spread my meals out how I would if I had went to the gym, so again I was a little tired and hungry. Yesterday went well through the day, but then I woke up at 1am starving. Attitude and energy was much better though, although I did notice my workout wasn't AS great. I still PR'd in 3 or 4 lifts, and didn't drop, but I just felt slow, and it felt harder then I think it should've. So I'm hoping the progress of energy levels and decreased hunger keeps progressing and that today is better.

The great thing about today: It's AUGUST! This year is flying by, but it's going so well so I'm okay with that. My August resolution is to stretch more. More specifically, I intend to start doing Yoga 3x a week, or do 3 hours of total stretching throughout the week. That's it. My body is so tight and sore all the time and I really need to work on my flexibility and just stretching my muscles out so that I'm able to lift more and move more easily. So there you have it. July resolutions went well overall, but I could still work on getting more sleep. The other was to plan out my meals the day before - and let me tell you, it has made my life and these nutrition adjustments SO EASY! You don't have to think about food when you are hungry. You don't have to deal with cooking before any meal (99% of the time). You just get to eat when it's time and stop letting it consume everything else. i loved it and I will continue this at least through the competition.

I'm off to the gym. Only 94 days to be better then everyone else on that stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment