Sunday, July 29, 2012

97 Days: Bloody Hands

Another weekend of training behind me, and it was absolutely perfect. I hit my numbers to a T for nutrition, which is great, since they changed again. When I weighed in Saturday afternoon I was at 143.. 4# over what I was consistently at a few weeks ago, so my numbers had to drop--which they weren't supposed to do for 2 more weeks. Every time they drop, I stress. It is extremely difficult for me to plan my meals and cut things out to hit the numbers, not just the totals but for each meal to be balanced. And every time they changed, something goes from each of my meals. The most drastic this time was my protein shake. It went from either peanut butter and chocolate, mint chocolate, fruit and spinach (surprisingly delicious) to just protein and water. I was bummed. After my workouts, I looked forward to that shake, and today after I finished some cardio, I was expecting disappointment. Surprisingly, it wasn't all that bad. I say surprisingly mainly because I switched protein powders and everything else has been worse tasting/texture. My oatmeal is really hard to get the right consistency now, and the shakes had been runnier. Also this vanilla flavoring was a lot more like vanilla bean-ish, which I do not like, and the flavor has just been more pronounced. But with the water shake, it was perfect. My other protein could not just be shaken with water, you had to have a blender. So that's one less thing to lug to Greensboro and back each week. Maybe I'll get my old protein as well to put in food, and keep this one just for the shakes. Who knows. Living on the edge, people!

Today I woke up bright and early and got everything done -- laundry, ironing, cooking, shopping -- done by 11:00am. Then I was bored. My internet was out so I couldn't work on my project as planned. I tried to go to the library - closed. So that still is not done. Yes, I clearly have internet now, but you folks are my priority :) I hit the gym, even though it was a rest day, and did 40 minutes of cardio - incline 14%, speed 3.0-2.7 depending on my HR. Then I went to help my friend move into his new apartment. The first thing we moved - a massive freezer - I sliced my hand open pretty good, but I didn't want to look like worthless help so I kept blotting it on my sweat-drenched t-shirt, and hauled on. We got that U-Haul unloaded in under 45 minutes. Not bad. I also had sliced my finger open earlier today when I reached into my bag and slid along the blade of my razor. Haven't cut myself with a razor that bad since the first time I shaved my legs..removed that hair and a 2 inch chunk of skin off of my shin. Nbd.

Well, its back to Greensboro for me. Probably should get to work on that inservice, too. Dang, weekends over. Hope yours was worth writing about!

No comments:

Post a Comment