Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Butts and Wet Hands

So I realized one important thing when I was in Asheville, and I am consistently reminded of it. I'm all for nature and being active and getting dirty. Fine. But not my hands. If I am going to fall I'm okay with my legs, arms, face even, getting dirty or wet or scratched. But my hands? Absolutely not. I hate having dirt on my hands.. but I think what really gets me, is having wet hands. It's like showering, washing my hands, washing dishes.. whatever.. takes a big mental effort because I don't want my hands wet, slimy, and I don't want to touch anything else with wet hands. It's gross. Like the reason I didn't take off my socks and shoes to play around in the waterfall.. I didn't want to get my hands wet touching my feet to put my socks and shoes back on. Ridiculous. It's especially inconvenient hiking or being outside, because when you trip/fall, you instinctively put out your hands. But thats exactly what I don't want to do if I have time to think about it. I guess I just need to learn to take it to the face... because that's where I'll be landing from here on out.

Monday was a long day. By noon, I had seen 12 patients, out of this world. I'm completely independent at my clinical now. I do all of the eval and treatments, renewals and discharges, myself. Today, and for the rest of this week, we have patients doubled up during treatment times, and I'm seeing both of them at once. Why isn't my CI taking one? I don't know. I'm getting a lot of practice though, and frankly I think I'm one hell of a PT. But I may be biased. A 15 year old's dad told me though that they liked working with me and that his daughter talked about me a lot at home. That's because she's not 60 years old and complaining of pain. She tore her ACL and wants to get back to playing ball. Can I kick her ass during therapy? Yes. And I love it, so of course she loves me!

I made it to the gym yesterday for my 40 minute cardio-sesh and loved it. Switched back and forth between Sports Network, Pardon the Interruption, and Around the Horn. I am all caught up on my sports and I can't wait to get back for more. USA game today so better believe I'll be loving me some treadmill walking after my back and delts workout!

Gotta head to work, patients are waiting for me to either kick their butt or massage their butt.. yes, I'll be digging my elbow in someone's butt today for ~18 minutes. Jeal much?

No comments:

Post a Comment