Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tuesday for the Books

I got home from work today by 5, and I was REALLY tempted to go to sleep. Yes, bed by 5 is not an strange, or even uncommon, occurrence for me. But I didn't. Why? Because I had to go to the gym. And I had to eat. And now that I got my workout in, I feel great, and am ready to get some more things checked off my to-do list!

I love the refreshed feeling a good workout leaves you with. I had back and rear-delts today and my shoulders are coming in pretty nicely. They are even a bit striated, which I LOVE. Also, as I was waiting for a squat rack to open up (20 minutes for someone to do 2 sets is ridiculous. I also want to add that I got my 8 sets in before the 2 guys next to me got in 2. TWO! On two different racks I might add. And I take my rest time. Get out of here, dudes!) .. carrying on.. I looked through my notebook and noticed I hadn't increased weight in the last 2 weeks for this workout for my shoulder presses, and hardly had increased in the last two weeks for my bent over rows. So what did I do? I increased weight on EVERYTHING and I did it with great form. By the end, my arms and back were exhausted, but man did I feel good. Then I did cardio, watched the 2nd half of the USA game, and caught up on my Danika Patrick news, and a little NFL talk. Then of course I caught a little of Deadliest Catch.. because that show is awesome. But I'm not going to lie.. I think I looked at the time every 2 minutes for the first half of it. My calves were tight and I thought my heart was going to explode -- a bit of an exaggeration since I don't think it got above 147 -- and I wanted to go home. But I finished it and I'm glad I did. GREAT workout.

Now it's time to shower and make dinner. Tomorrow's cardio entertainment will be a couple good soccer games, yahoo. Alright people I'm out. Make the most of your weeks!

Oh and FYI, I'm back on track with my nutrition, 2 perfect days to start the week..only 102 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment