Tuesday, July 17, 2012

You are responsible for YOU

Another workout in the books! Back and Rear Delts today, and it went well. I got to go to the gym early because my clinic had some sort of team building thing that I didn't have to go to.. thank god. Today at the clinic was great.. until about the last 30 minutes when my CI made me cry. She was annoying me and I got stressed out and then.. she hugged me. Lord, save me, that threw me over the edge. And I went to the gym pissed off and decided that I wasn't going to let someone else determine my mood. If I wanted to be happy I would. I think it's really easy for people to let others effect them. People's words and opinions can alter your mood, alter your decisions, and despite if it's for the good or bad, you shouldn't be dependent on others to be happy. Happiness needs to come from YOU. I think this also ties in to not eating when you are sad/mad/depressed. You are seeking the food for comfort.. but what you are really doing is throwing your diet and all of your hard work off balance because SOMEONE/thing ELSE put you in a bad place. So not only did that person hurt your mood, they also hurt your diet.. which you will be unhappy with much longer then you can even remember what that person did to effect you. So no. I won't let someone else effect me. I won't be happy only when others think highly of me, and I won't be disappointed or sad when someone says or does something mean. My opinions of myself are the only ones that truly matter in the long run. And I will decide to be happy. You should, too.

So I went to the gym and knocked out one hell of a workout. I used that anger as fuel to move around some pretty heavy weight and I feel great. Maybe I should thank her tomorrow. But I wouldn't want her to think she has any more control over me than I do. So I'll do nothing. And I'm okay with that.

Take care of yourself first and foremost, and do it everyday. Do something that makes you happy. Keep people around you who not only build you up, but who support what you are doing and motivate you. That is not to say that everyone in your life needs the same goals, but the more goal-oriented they are, the better. They won't try to side reel you from being great. They'll push you. They'll understand the setbacks and encourage you to try again to move past them. People who judge your ambitions only do so because they lack the dedication and discipline to have ambitions of their own. You can do ANYTHING you want. NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE. Think of something you have said that you can't do in the past. Is it really that you can't? Or is it that you won't/aren't? Can you really not lose those last 10# or last 2% body fat? Are you really doing EVERYTHING you can do to try? Or are you really not that dedicated to changing your lifestyle and doing it? Maybe you can't do 10 pushups today, but you can do 1, on your knees, or against the wall, and if you do that every day before you know it you will do 10 pushups.. probably with one arm :)

Thank you for being my support. My outlet. My motivation. You all are awesome and make my journey much easier. Now I'm off to meet that resolution. Yes, I mean bed. I know it's 5 pm.. and I'm happy about that. Have a great night folks, get ready for Wednesday, it'll be here before you know it!

1 comment: