Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting Lean!

So my cutting phase is off to a great start! My macros changed this Sunday/Monday and after a couple hours of planning I have done perfect :) I couldn't be happier. I know the nutrition is going to be the hard part, especially when I get stressed with school and tests/papers start becoming due, but if I can get in the habit of being perfect now, I should have no problem come September. And then it's only 1 more month! Holy crap it's coming up quickly! I've decided to eat the exact same meals Monday-Friday each week, and then on the weekend plan the next weeks menu. This may seem boring, but honestly I've been eating basically the same thing for the past 6 months just less strictly and I'm not bored yet. This way I don't have to stay up late planning and stressing about meeting the numbers each night, and can just go through that on the weekend when I have more time.

So my numbers have changed as follows:
Carbs: 195 --> 100g
Protein: 220 --> 200g
Fats: 45 --> 60g

Really the challenging part for me Sunday when I was planning was getting in those last 15g of fat. I've been so used to cutting them out that I had to really think to get them back in.. and without adding anymore carbs to the mix. Added in some flax seed oil, and called it good.

The only other thing that has changed for me is the cardio. I was doing 3 days of 30 minutes the last 2 weeks and now its 4 days of 40 minutes. Unfortunately, this still has to be HR < 150.. meaning I can't just go for a run. But Meredith says HIIT will begin soon enough, so I'll just be patient until then.

In others news, did anyone watch the USA v Brazil men's game yesterday? That was embarrassing. Luckily, they pulled it off, but they need to get it together. I'll just have to start watching the women I suppose.

Off to work I go. Another 11 1/2 hour day ahead of me. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment