Friday, July 27, 2012

Double Digits and Bad Meat

I am down to the double digits, people!! 99 Days until the competition! How exciting, this will fly by! Today has been such a wonderful day. I got to go into work late, and was off by 12:30, made it back to Chapel Hill in no time--well it seemed since I got to catch up with my Ma--and got paid! Whoo! That doesn't really mean I have money.. it just means Dad and Mere can get paid. I also came home to a clean house, which might just be my favorite feeling in the world, so I feel like nothing can go wrong this weekend!

I had a great workout today at the good 'ol SRC. Back and Delts again, and I PR'd in everything except seated cable rows, which I have been consistently increasing, so I'm cool with that. I felt great. Then I got my 40 minutes of cardio in. A good friend was on a treadmill when I was about to start so I did the elliptical (my only choice.. which should be clear since there is nothing I hate more about working out then ellipticals and guys with sorry form) for 13 minutes which was about all I could stand, then took over his treadmill for the last 27 minutes. So it actually flew by, even though I had no TV to watch. Just got to people watch all the college boys trying to get cut. There was one impressive dude in there doing box jumps - which is my favorite part of the gym probs - so that was cool.. otherwise nothing exciting to report.

Nutrition was a little off today (or will be). I'm trying to hit 100g carbs, 200g protein, and 60g fat, and after my dinner I'll be at 106g carbs, 203g protein, and 55g fat.. but not too bad. I also weighed myself today for the first day in 3 weeks.. and it's up, which I'm not stoked about. I try not even to weight myself, but I'll have to start doing so weekly for Meredith to update my nutrition stuff.

I know you midwesterners and the rest of America, really, is going through a drought, but here in NC it seems like it never stops raining. Last week sometime there was a bad storm and the power went out for a good couple of hours at my Chapel Hill apartment (and basically the rest of the town) and then today as I was walking out of Trader Joe's it started pouring! But my main concern is.. how do I know if the meat in my freezer - unopened - went bad? No one was here to open the freezer door.. but I don't know how long it was out, and I don't know how to tell if I can eat it still or not. Advice, adults/grown up/mature people my age? I don't really want to throw out 10# of meat if I don't have to, but I also don't want to get sick!

Well, I'm off to eat some almonds, watch a movie and just chill out for the night, since my sister, Mary, thinks its more important to get ready to go out with friends I don't even know, then vid. chat me. Sheesh, what is this world coming to? Anyway, I should be doing my inservice.. but there's always tomorrow right? I don't procrastinate with my health so I have to do it somewhere else.. it's only fair :)

Over and Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment