Saturday, July 14, 2012

Needing Balance

Sorry I've been MIA lately.. this week has been a crazy one, but I'm ready to get focused and get back to the things in life that make me happy. I really believe that everyone needs a balance in all aspects of their life.. work, working out, and eating are the only things I've had this last week, and I've been a stressed out, emotional "wreck" to say the least. I've been really unhappy with where I am and it's been tempting to turn to food for the comfort, but since I eat more than enough as it is right now, I've had enough will power to stop my temptations from sabotaging everything I've worked for thus far. I needed rest, and I need an outlet. My typical day is up by 5, work by 6:30, off by 5 (hopefully), dinner, gym, dinner #2 and by that time it's 9pm at the earliest. And it's slowly tearing away at my happiness with where I am and my motivation to keep going with the training and nutrition. Which is silly, because the gym is what keeps me sane and my goals are the only thing making me happy right now. But I needed rest. And I need to get out and do something socially before I crash. And that's where this balance comes into play. I can do nothing about the clinical I'm at and the work and hours I have. The gym is my outlet, and I need and WANT (most importantly) to be there and keep that schedule. The food I eat is great, and although it takes time to plan what I'm eating and a lot of will power not to waiver, it's the fuel I need to keep going. Good choices are increasingly important as I continue this journey. I also need to start getting more sleep. My July resolution is going alright, I'm definitely averaging over 7 hours a night.. but really I need 9-10 hours to function at my best, and some nights only getting 5-6 is not working for me. So the first change I am making is to make that a priority. Nothing during the work week can really change for me, so I'm realizing I need to take advantage of my weekends. I need to rest. I need to go DO things and have fun and see my friends. I need to do what's best for myself now, and if that means not working on the weekends - and not having any money - then that's what I will have to do. I've taken off work from my weekend job until after classes start in order to take advantage of the summer I have left, so anyone who wants to make weekend trips with me let me know. The planning has started :)

Workouts have been going great. I'm up on all of my weights and feeling really great throughout the time I'm in the gym. My shoulder has healed up nicely and isn't giving me any trouble and I'm feeling pretty solid. I had Chest and Core today back in Chapel Hill and am happy to report I was doing incline DB press next to a guy with bigger muscles then me, and was doing more reps with 15# more weight. Ha. I love it, not that there is anything wrong with lifting less as long as you are pushing yourself, but it really just made me happy today. The little things. I didn't do any cardio today because my to-do list is about a mile long and I'm just drained.

Nutrition changes are coming soon, and honestly I'm looking forward to it. I can barely keep up with all the food I'm supposed to be eating now.

Well I got to shower and eat before I go to work in a bit tonight. Last night for a while.. hopefully I don't get fired, but honestly at this point, I could care less. Ha. Awesome, Susie. Then I'll be saying hello to my sweet, sweet bed and I'll be okay if I sleep in until 9:30 again tomorrow.

How do you all keep your life together? What kind of balance do you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment