Sunday, July 22, 2012

Asheville.. I can smell you from here!

I just got back from Asheville, and there is definitely some truth to the saying "Keep Asheville Weird".. but it was so great and awesome and it was a MUCH needed weekend getaway!
Zumba on the Green

My neighbor in Kansas, Jack Hull, and his girlfriend, Katie Swank at the Blue Ridge Parkway




We had an absolute blast. A day to explore the downtown and what the city had to offer, and a day to hike Mount Pisgah and the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was perfect, and it made me miss my hiking and fishing trip with my dad. I love the outdoors. I love hiking, I love camping, I love fishing, and this was just what I needed to get out of my funk I've been in lately.

Nutrition wasn't perfect over the weekend, I can't lie about that. I indulged a bit, and to be honest I felt guilty about it. My competition is 104 days and I'm ready to dedicate the rest of this time to that goal. I needed a break, and I'm glad I had it. It gave me some fresh perspective of my goal and why I'm doing it and it reinforced that it is something I want to do for me. I had a perfect 5 day streak last week.. and I'm ready to have a perfect 103 day streak, so Monday, come and get me because I'm ready for you!

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to tackle the week head on!

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your hike!! Let's go sometime together during my new annual NC trip!

    ReplyDelete