Monday, July 2, 2012

July Resolution

It's July first and my half birthday! Yahoo! Today also is the day to make a new resolution.

It's 6 months past new years.. how many of you still are going strong on your new year's resolutions? None? How many of you still even consciously think about what you wanted to do/change? Maybe 1 or 2 of you is my guess. I think new year's resolutions are stupid for this reason. People make huge resolutions that they simply can't keep because it's too drastic of a change all at once. So this year I decided I would make monthly resolutions on the first of every month. This way, I only have to really focus on 1 SMALL change at a time, and by the time the month is up, hopefully its a habit, or near-habit, and I will be able to focus on something else. January was as easy as writing down what I ate.. not counting calories, measuring anything even, just writing it down to become more conscious of it. And guess what, I still write everything down, and I now eat healthy. So far my resolutions have had to do with my health, Bliz, or school, because those are the main focuses of my life right now. But school is out until the end of August, I won't have Bliz for 6 more weeks, so that leaves me with my health for my resolution.  I'm going to make two resolutions for July, because I feel like there are a few things I can still work on. First, I want to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. You all may think this is a cop out for me, but lately I've been staying up until nearly 12 and waking up between 430 and 530 during the week and have been so exhausted. I'm not going to say go to bed by 10, because I want to be able to go hang out on the weekends, and if I work I know I'll stay up way past then, so I'm leaving it unrestricted except that I want 7 consecutive quality hours of sleep. Second, I want to refocus on my nutrition, especially because I'm assuming it is going to get more challenging for me these next few months and so I want to really have control before that sets in. So my plan is to plan the day out the night before or the morning of, during breakfast. That way I will already know what I am allowed to eat that day and am less likely to waiver. And I want to STICK with what I write - no add ins. If on Thursday, I am really craving peanut butter, I'm not going to have it, but I'll plan it in to my meals for Friday. This way I'm not depriving myself, but I'm also not going to mess up my day and go over on any of my macros. I also want to focus on being within 5g of everything and to keep it more consistent. Easy enough. What do you want to change? Take it 1 month at a time, or just 1 week at a time, and really dedicate yourself to that goal for that short period, and you'll be surprised at how easily you can accomplish anything you want.


I took my progress pictures, and although I didn't notice much of a difference, Meredith did, which is good. A lot of it is just because I have no idea what I'm doing now when I'm posing hah! That'll come later. Nutrition isn't changing for 2 more weeks--I even get another cheat meal this week--but workout splits changed. I have Back/Delts, Bis/Tris/Core, Legs, Back/Delts, and Chest/Core. Sounds good to me. I also am adding in some light cardio. HR below 150.. so nothing too crazy, don't worry. 


Make some goals, stick with them, and make the most of your week!

1 comment:

  1. I also noticed a difference!! Remember me!!! And one of my new years resolutions was to become a "running person"... dumbest resolution ever. I still hate it. Sigh, there is always next year :)

    ReplyDelete