Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Workout Wednesday

Just saw a commercial for this gem.. Forgiven, the alcohol metabolizer. The commercial says you ever have a hard next day after a night out? Not anymore, you're forgiven ... Forgiven can be found at your local drug stores, at the bottom shelf in the supplement section. That's right, the bottom shelf. Because the product isn't good enough, or the company doesn't have enough money, to have it be in the middle, where products are actually seen. I've got an idea for you. Why don't you just figure out how much alcohol you and your body can handle. Drink that amount, or less, and you won't need forgiving. It's called self-control you fools. Sheesh.

It's always a great feeling when Wednesday is complete. Thursday will fly by, and then only a half day of work on Friday. Today, I was scheduled for 2 doubles at work today, and 3 of those 4 patients cancelled/no-showed. You gotta love outpatient at times! Seriously, those were the first 3 cancellations of the last 2 weeks, and I was ready for them. One of the doubles wouldn't have been too bad, but the other set was a rotator cuff repair, 2nd therapy appointment, and a spinal stenosis patient with a 5 level spinal fusion who needs a translator. So that would've sucked. Thank you for staying home today, peeps. Tomorrow my double booking is two shoulder patients, which shouldn't be too bad, but one of them has a learning disorder and needs constant tactile cues, so it will be an interesting morning. Oh, and my last patient today came in saying This is my last appointment, I don't need therapy, this is the last time you'll see me. Alright, lady, this is your first appointment since your total hip replacement. I think it would be a good idea to stay. I got her to work hard, and she will be coming back, but in the middle of the session, she starting crying on me. Sheesh. Anyone who knows me well can imagine how I handled that. A 50 y.o women crying, for no apparent reason. All I said was, Is everything okay? Do you want to take a break? No response. So I just sat there. Way to go, Susie. But in my defense, I am not an emotional therapist, I am a physical therapist (student).. meaning I treat physical problems, not emotional ones. Ya, I wish that were true...

Workout today was great I suppose. My energy levels today were low low LOW, and I don't know why. Another day of getting home and just wanting to sleep. Driving to the gym and just wanting to sleep. But then I turned on my jams and was singing alongside Chris Brown at the top of my lungs with my windows down and that got me to the gym. And then I wanted to sleep again. Oh well. Dips today felt like my pecs were ripping away from my sternum again, but I PR'd on everything except stupid Preacher Curls. I hate preacher curls. Maybe it's because they are my last lift and I just don't want to do anymore biceps. My arms were SWOLL and tired and had enough and honestly, I was begging to get to cardio. Unfortunately for me, I got to the gym way earlier today (5 o'clock.. meaning I only had to wait about 10 minutes for a rack to open up) so I only caught 15 minutes of the Roma v Liverpool game during my cardio-sesh for the day, but I made it home in time to catch the end of the first half, and am currently watching the 2nd. (0-0 for those of you who are interested)They are playing at Fenway park, which is pretty cool actually. Next game up, Chelsea v MLS All-Stars. Awesome. We'll see if I can stay up for that.

Two of my other friends got engaged Monday night. I am so happy for them. They have both been two of my closest friends since grade school (Erin) and middle school (Tyler). Erin was even part of my really sweet Mercury Club that was in the woods of my backyard. I'm not going into details.. just be jealous that you weren't a part of it.

I'm also counting down the days until I head back to Iowa to get my bff (Bliz), chill with my fam, see my sister Mare, and go to ANOTHER wedding of two of my old (grade and high) school friends, Alicia and Eric. That'll be a fun one. And I bought a bomb dress in Asheville last weekend that I can wear with it.. providing Mary brings me some heels to match (holla at me PG).

Alright, this books been written. I'm off to shower, watch some soccer, eat some chicken, and hit the sack. Check ya later!

(Roma-Liverpool Update: ROMA's Michael Bradley (an American y'all) scored. Yahoo. He's only 24. I could've done that.)

1 comment:

  1. You should have told the crier that she was forgiven...maybe she just needed to work off a crazy night of partying. Hope your chicken was delish!

    ReplyDelete