Sunday, May 20, 2012

10# of Meat

I have already been more productive this morning by 10am then I have been all weekend. Cleaned the apartment--well mainly kitchen and bathroom, there isn't much more then that anyway--did laundry, unpacked finally from my Kansas trip, and wrote 1/2 a paper and did two discussions! Feeling good.

Yesterday, I went to the gym and was annoyed to find out the SRC was closed and had to go to Ram's Head instead. It's funny how just little changes in your routine, machines, etc, can really throw you off. But after I got there I adapted and had a great workout. Increased weight in everything except for Cable EZ Bar Curls, but my guess is that was more because all cable machines are different based on how many pulleys are there, the amount of friction it has, and what not. So I was pretty proud of myself. I did Biceps and Back and threw in some HIIT Abs as well. I mainly hit 3x12 but had the same 2x10-12 and 1xfailure attitude. I did:

Wide Grip Assisted Pull-ups
Single Arm DB Rows
Seated Cable Rows
Bentover BB Rows
Alternating Hammer Curls
Alternating DB Curls
Cable EZ Bar Curls

I was supposed to have some Hammer Strength Lat Pulls in there, but of course Ram's doesn't have that machine, so I had to live without it.

For the abs I followed this circuit -- which is amazing and challenging and you should all try it:

Circuit 1:                                             Circuit 2:                                          Circuit 3:
Spider Man Plank                               Bicycle Abs                                      Leg Raises
Plank Hold                                          Side Plank R                                    Reverse Crunches
2 Level Planks                                    Side Crunch R                                  Super Man
Plank Hold                                          Side Plank L                                    Side Plank R + Reach Under
Plank + Leg Lift (each 15s)                Side Crunch L                                  Side Plank L + Reach Under
Plank Hold                                          Side Plank R
Mountain Climbers                             Russian Twist
Plank Hold                                          Side Plank L

So for Circuits 1 and 2, you do the odd exercises for 45s and then straight into the even plank/side plank holds for 30s, until you finish them all. Circuit 3 you just do 15 reps of each thing back to back. Give yourself 1 minute rest between each circuits. The first one is definitely the most challenging for me but it's an awesome workout.

Tomorrow was supposed to be my rest day, but I'm debating changing that to today since SRC will once again be closed today and I really just don't like going to Ram's Head. But if I do go, I'll have shoulders and core.

Yesterday I also went to the UNC v VT baseball game, which was great! It was the last regular game of the season and I am pretty bummed I didn't go to more, they really are awesome. Then I went and watched my soccer team play and they won 5-3! We've never lost by more than 1 point and we really are great.. but I think we've only won 2 games--both of which I haven't played. Awesome. I'm really hoping I can start running Wednesday and be able to play Saturday. My ankle is doing much better, still a little sore and limited ROM but much better. I'm done resting, it's time to put mind over matter and be a beast.

Also, yesterday was complete success with nutrition! I hit my macro goals right on target! Stoked. Although I did have to eat 12 oz of chicken for dinner to do it, and my jaw was tired of eating by the end of it, but I did. And I was satisfied. When you feed your body the fuel it needs, you won't be hungry. Period. If you are always hungry, or having cravings, you are eating the wrong things. But anyway, I hope today I can more naturally get there. Yesterday I went out and bought 5# of chicken breasts, 1# of salmon, and 4# of ground turkey. Expensive grocery trip. I came home and cut up and trimmed all 12 breasts so that it would make for easy cooking/stir frying/whatever when I need to. i do this and freeze some of it and make the rest of it for the week so I'm prepared. For me, I don't really have junk food around my house, and I'm too broke to buy fast food or eat out, so when I don't have food ready, I just don't eat, which is equally as bad as eating crap. So BE PREPARED!

Well people, I'm off to study some Cardiopulmonary, write the rest of my paper, and work on my bronzing! Have a wonderful Sunday. Use today to prepare your meals and workouts for the week--success takes planning and preparation, be ready for anything that might cause set backs and for you to feel like you failed and you won't!

No comments:

Post a Comment