Thursday, May 17, 2012

Third Degree Burns

So I'm having this issue adjusting to life without my dog around. First of all, I have no back up alarm now. I used to not even have to set one and she'd wake me up at 4:30am and then again at 6:15 am like clockwork. And if I did set an alarm, the second it went off she'd be right there breathing out through her nose in small puffs which would get me out of bed. No snoozing. She was the best. And then last night while I was eating dinner, I cut a piece of chicken and stupidly tried to stop it from falling by catching it between my table and knee. Well I stopped it, and did I mention the chicken was HOT? So after what must have been 3rd degree burns, I let it fall to the floor, and first thing I thought was, Now who is going to clean that up since Blizzard isn't here? But I suppose the plus of her not being here is that my floors are much cleaner, and the 3 second rule has now turned into an as-many-seconds-as-I-want rule. So.. I suppose it's not completely a losing situation. I got to eat my floor chicken.

Umm.. I definitely just heard my neighbor burp. He may live alone, too, but he did not say Excuse me. I texted him to let him know I was offended. Moving on...

Workout today was great! I had triceps and chest (and eventually will throw in the cardio). It was a hard workout and I almost hit myself in the face with a 40# dumbbell.. conveniently, Ryan was there to lift it back up for me so I could finish my set. But I was pretty pumped about that. Before this week I had been doing 3 weeks of circuits. The circuits consisted of 5-7 exercises and had reps as high as 20-30. It was hard, but because the reps were so high, my weight was lower. I was doing this to lean out a bit, and as a result lost a little bit of strength, so I was super stoked to see that I'm still getting a PR every workout! Here's what I did today:

Narrow Push Ups
DB Bench Press
DB Flyes
Wide Push Ups
Triceps Kickbacks
Cable Triceps OH Extensions
Cable Triceps Pull-downs

I love that I am still getting "the pump" with my triceps exercises. It's such an awesome feeling. When all the blood is flowing to the muscles and they are just swollen (sigh).. love it. I'm such a meat head.

Wow, I get distracted too easily. I started making quinoa like.. an hour and a half ago. Put it on the stove to boil, by the time I remember it's there almost all of the chicken broth has evaporated. I figure this isn't an all bad thing since it needs to be absorbed anyway, so I cover it and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Well 10 minutes was up over 30 minutes ago. I checked it.. tastes better then last time. Which isn't too much of a feat because last time it was still soggy and awful. Forced it down anyway. But my plan is to mix it with some cherry tomatoes (the package says grape tomatoes but everyone keeps telling me they are cherry.. don't know who to believe. They might as well be called mini-tomatoes... seems more logical) spinach, onion, and who knows what else. Might even throw in some cottage cheese, it's good on everything, like peanut butter.

Well, I'm rambling. Off to do who-knows-what.. this whole getting out of class by 11:30/no class on Friday is great and all.. But I seriously have nothing to do. Maybe I'll tackle some Mario Kart. Gotta work on racing manually like my BIL (Brother-in-law) taught me over Easter..

Enjoy your weekend! Make a plan, don't over consume, and give yourself that ME time!

No comments:

Post a Comment