Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Feels Like Monday

First day back to school, and what a day. Not bad just long.
I woke up this morning at 6:18am for class which starts at 7:30. Not enough time for me. My breakfast itself takes me like 20 minutes to make, 10 to eat, and I had to shower. Well, I suppose I didn't have to, I've never been to keen on pushing showers on anyone, but it was the first day back. It's like when I was little and I'd make a list of things to do before class: Wake Up (Check), Get Dressed, Eat Breakfast, Brush Teeth, Wash Face, etc.. You always want to be prepared the first day, is my point. And I was not. I hadn't really thought about the fact that I would be in class until 3:30 today and not just 11:30, so I hadn't made lunch/food yesterday. And on top of that, I thought the bus came at 7:21am (like the regular schedule) but was quickly informed that it was at 7:08.. at 7:07. These may not seem like big step backs, but oh! they sure were. If you are aiming for success--which if you aren't, what are you doing with your life?--then you need to be prepared. You need to plan. You need to make meals ahead of time so you don't grab what's convenient, you need to write out your workouts and rest times so you don't waste time in the gym. You need to lay out what you are wearing the night before class so you don't show up naked. Truth. Especially that last one.

Random rant:
Got an email from my clinical today informing me of my work hours/uniform/policies etc for the summer. I have to wear... POLOS. Seriously? Me? No. Not cool. Now I have to go out and buy polos to wear for 8 weeks and then never wear again (unless future clinicals force me to). I'm sorry if you wear them, but polos make you look like a man. They are unflattering unless you are a dude. My Caged Steel MMA t-shirt may not be flattering to you, but polos are flattering to no one. Unless you are living back in 2001. Sorry to break it to you, people.

Anyway, today, I am not making it to the gym, but I've decided today is my last day off. Yes, I am going to listen to the doctor, BUT I will be in the gym tomorrow and be doing upper body. I will also do lower body workouts just single joint movements and open chain -- think prone/seated leg curls, leg extensions. I can handle that for a week and a half. Legs won't be getting hit as hard, but let's be honest, my legs aren't exactly my weakness. I can press a house and squat a mini van. Done it twice. Eh.. that's a lie, but I don't doubt my abilities.

Well, I'm off to bake some chicken, hard boil a dozen eggs, and cook some quinoa for the week. Then, I will sit on my butt and watch some missed television from my vacation. Have a great night people, get prepared for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment