Friday, May 18, 2012

Last Day

Today has just been one of those days. We have Fridays completely off, so you think I'd get everything taken care of today, right? Wrong. I wake up at 7:45 and proceed to lay around bed just playing minesweeper on my phone until 8:45am. Then I finally get out of bed, make breakfast - which was a delicious combination of eggs and everything in my fridge - and before you know it, it's 10 AKA prime sun time. So instead of going to the gym, doing homework, studying, I pack a bag and head to the pool. My bronze needed work and I was overwhelmed. Planned on leaving by 12:30, stayed until almost 2:30, and I have a nice red tan line across my neck as proof. Awesome.

I then had to watch the final episode of Grey's and (Possible Spoiler Alert!) boy was I disappointed! Not by the death, but by the ending. No one finds them? Seriously? Bad ending.. and are any of them even going to be surgeons anymore? You would think they would just add on 3-4 episodes and make this the final season since supposedly everyone's leaving. Oh well.

I was just about to head to the gym, when my best friend Melissa skyped me from Paris. She's been there all year, was supposed to come back by now, but instead is staying at least until August.. or whenever her Visa expires. It was 10 pm there.. and she was drunk. It was great. So, I didn't get my workout in because I am now on my way to dinner and the movie The Dictator with some new friends.

I just got a message back from Meredith about competing, and am super excited. She said (which I expected) that I need to build up my delts and back since I have a short thick torso to give it more of a V-taper. She thinks I need about 6 weeks to work on my upper body and then 16 weeks to focus on my diet, so that will put me around late October, early November for a competition. Yikes that's coming up quick. So today is the last day for cheat meals and from here on out I'm going to be 100% with my nutrition. I'll start posting my meals to give y'all an idea of what I'm doing. Wish me luck!

Before I go, though, I thought I'd clue you in to some huge food dilemmas I've been having lately. First, the mystery between cherry and grape tomatoes is this: one is shaped more round like a cherry, and one is shaped more oval like a grape. Guess which is which. This gem of information was given to me by my wonderful sister Anne. Second, a frozen banana may sound like a good addition to your PWO smoothies, BUT they are difficult to peel. So I'm thinking maybe peel them before you freeze them.. or just don't freeze them and add ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment