Monday, May 21, 2012

Cardio Queen!

Okay, not quite. But I did FINALLY do a little cardio in my workout today, and it's so motivating! I think exercise in general is a great way to let your mind know that you really can overcome obstacles your mind puts in front of you. Seriously, stupid people may be the luckiest because they don't over think things. The rest of us intelligent folk (probably everyone reading this because I don't waste my time making friends otherwise) over think and analyze everything. Our mind really is our own biggest enemy sometimes. My favorite quote is "train your brain to deal with the pain" because I think it's so true. Anyway, my workout today was Shoulders and Abs.. and as much as I hate shoulders - because they are weak and challenging and the weight is always light - I worked hard through it and even got a few PRs, so that was awesome.

Seated DB Shoulder Press
Front Raises to a T
Lateral Raises
Incline Reverse Flyes
Roman Chair
V Sits

And then I finished it off with a 15 minute stationary bike. I know, nothing serious, but I was so happy to get my heart going again and it's nice to know that my ankle didn't fall off or anything dramatic like that!

So, I've always been one to squat over a toilet. Why? I don't know because it's disgusting to sit on someone else's butt I guess. This goes for every toilet other then my own, my parents, or my siblings. Even if you are one of my closest friends, chances are, my butt does not go where your butt went. Until, apparently, recently. It all started one night at Goodfellows. I may or may not have been drinking, and I was feeling risky, and instead of doing something crazy that most people at this hour do, I sat on a toilet. Yuck. The next morning I woke up with red bumps all over the back of my thigh. (They were bug bites but.. this story is dramatic and I was feeling dramatic when it happened). I freaked out. I thought I got some disease from the toilet. And instead of avoiding all public pots, I have begun to sit on multiple toilets and don't realize it until I sit down, my cheeks get wet from the backsplash (of Bondurant.. those powerful puppies are always spraying the seat.. and if it's not water, I don't really want to know) and I have this conversation with myself.. or a few of you select people. Anyway, I have got to nip this new habit in the bud.. before another thing nips me in the bum. Maybe TMI, but people, I don't think this is really out of the ordinary for many of you.

That has been my day in a nutshell. Only 2 hours until I hit the hay, and I have 37-47g of protein to go! Oh but I won't make the same mistake I made last night.. mixing egg whites with protein powder and trying to scramble that up.. ya I basically was just eating pure protein powder and thought I was going to vom. Did gag quite a few times. Pleasant image for you all I'm sure. I'll leave you with that. Be awesome, get out of your head, and lift heavy! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment