Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It's On!



Since when are Wednesday's bad days?! Mondays, I understand, Wednesdays though? No. It was always the day I'd schedule the most classes/labs in undergrad because after Wednesday you could really feel like it was the weekend! I suppose grown up life is a little different, but still. If you find yourself complaining about what day it is every day and whining that it's Monday/Tuesday whatever and Where did the weekend go? Is it Friday yet? you are probably doing something terribly wrong with your life. Get a new job, switch majors, do something you enjoy! But if you complain more days then you don't, you need to make a serious life change--and I'm not talking about switching from Lucky Charms to Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs (which is a good change, btw). You know who you are.. 


Currently, I am boiling a dozen eggs for the rest of the week. Yum! I eat 5 eggs every morning for breakfast and I'm considering eating hard boiled eggs for snacks and adding eggs to my late night snacks. (8pm.. just call me grandma) Anymore eggs and I might as well start clucking. But I love them. Speaking of food, if you have sweet cravings you should SERIOUSLY try Clif Builder Bar's Mint Chocolate protein bar. YUM. When I need something sweet I just take 2-3 bites of it and it's enough to satisfy me. Plus they have 20g protein and only 31g carbs.. which isn't perfect but it's much better than some choices you can make! 


Workout:
I FINALLY made it to the gym and I'm so happy I did. You know that saying that's something like, You never regret when you do it, but you always regret it when you don't and it has a picture of something fitness-y? Ya, that is so true. And I love it! Today I did biceps and back. My plan I had written has me supposed to do cardio with that, but, doctor's orders :) So I listened. Here's what I did:


Assisted Pull Ups
Lat Pull Down
Seated Cable Rows
Reverse Grip Narrow Pulldowns (or what I call Biceps Pulldowns)
Back Extension
Barbell Curls
Overhead Cable Curls
21s


I did 3 sets of everything aiming for 10-12 reps and the last set I took to failure, which for most sets was right between 10-12 meaning I chose my weights right! If that third set you can do more than 12, you aren't lifting heavy enough, and you know it. I was happy about my workout, hard, but I did it and I felt good about it. They did rearrange all the equipment, though, which was sort of annoying because I couldn't find things and they got rid of some of the things I like to use. I had also written this workout with this gym in mind so I could easily go from one machine/bench to the next and now I was walking all over like a crazy person. Oh well, I did it. I was also bummed that no one was there to do my body fat. Since I kind of took the last 2 weeks off with my diet/lifting (NEVER a good idea ps) I wanted to see where I was at. I'd be happy with 17% but nothing higher. (Here's a little body-fat guide for women: 33+ = obese, 27-29 = average, 21-24 = "fitness" range, 17-20 = athletic/lean, below 16 = very lean athlete) Hopefully someone will be around tomorrow and I can get that done. 


Okay, I think I've written a book now. I'm off to peel some eggs! Have a wonderful Wednesday, make the most of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment