Monday, May 28, 2012

Holiday Weekend

I love 4 day weekends. They throw me off my schedule, but if it means no school and no studying, I'm okay with that!

It was a much needed break. A lot of relaxing, a lot of movie watching, a lot of pool and outdoor time. Perfect. I got that chance to go down to Concord to see my some of my family and that was a lot of fun, long overdue. But the bad thing about leaving town - even if just for 2 days - my eating was not perfect. Before I left Sunday at 10:30, though, I had already had over 130g of protein :) It was awesome. Saturday I hit my numbers perfectly, which was such a great feeling, just to know that I can do it and that it really isn't that difficult, you just have to plan! But tomorrow will be perfect. And so will the rest of the week. I've decided, instead of thinking of it like, Oh man, I can't have cake/cookies/chips/beer for the next 6 months! I'm going to try to make it one day. And when I master that, I'll take it a week at a time, and then a month, and then 2 months, and by then it will be such a habit I wouldn't think of having it any other way! Small steps lead to big changes.

I got my workouts for the next few weeks! I'm pretty excited. The goal is to compete in November, but we are playing it by ear. It really depends how my back and shoulders are filling in by the end of June. If I look like I can be ready, then I'll sign up for November, if not, we'll push it back to the spring. That might just kill me, so I better train hard and be perfect so I can be ready in November. Then dieting will start in July. It'll go by fast. Everything else is!

My splits from the month are Back/Core, Shoulders/Triceps, Legs, Chest/Core, Shoulders/Biceps. Notice no cardio.. I'm okay with that! I might throw in a day or two of VERY low intensity cardio, HR around 130-150, but only if I'm going crazy. I'm so used to 6 days a week this will be an adjustment. I'm also trying to decide what days I want to take off. Friday-Sunday I have the most free time, so it would be nice to use those days.. who knows. Most likely I'll just do a 6 day rotation and forego the second day of rest. We'll see!

Not much else to inform you on today. Workout number 1 tomorrow! Hope you all had a good and safe Memorial Day holiday, Tuesday, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment