Monday, May 14, 2012

Bad Good News

What a weekend!
Lawrence treated me well, as always. It was good to see so many old friends and pick up right where we left off. I love that town! I got to go to a wedding Saturday afternoon and it was great, the bride looked so beautiful and was the happiest bride I've ever seen. She seriously just let loose and had so much fun at her wedding, never have I seen someone that relaxed but she deserved it. However, all you brides-to-be, I don't care about the tradition about not seeing your husband before the wedding, take your pictures before. It is really annoying having to wait around for 3 hours between the wedding and reception so the wedding party can take pictures. Not cool.

I took off Sunday morning from Lawrence at 6:45 CT and made it to Chapel Hill at 12:15 ET. 16 1/2 hours driving straight.. surprisingly wasn't too bad. And 1120 miles (door to door) with only 2 stops! Ya, I'm proud of myself. I may dehydrate and starve myself in the process, but try to beat that. It took my 17 hours to get there with 3 stops, but I think it was more that I went through Kansas City instead of around it.

I'm going to take my pictures today, finally, and send them off to Meredith and hopefully she won't be too overwhelmed at the amount of work we have to do but I'm so excited. I got XRays done Thursday morning before leaving for Lawrence. Good news: Nothing is broken/torn. Bad news: Stay off of it for 2 MORE weeks. That means no soccer this weekend, no cardio (eh, not too upset about that), no lifting, and really no walking more than necessary. I have to wear an air-cast (should've seen that at the wedding!) all day and RICE. Basically everything I knew and didn't want to hear. But I'm going to try to listen to the doctor this time, take the time off and get ready to hit the weights hard when I can get back to the gym. That's May 25th. Way to waste my whole month ya stupid ankle.

Alright people. Go big today. Make the most of your Monday and plan for the rest of your week! Success comes one step at a time!

Some of my Theta sisters and I


Katie (Seitz) and Joel Hamilton


No comments:

Post a Comment