Saturday, June 16, 2012

Call Your Pops!

Stupid internal alarm clock. I didn't get to bed last night after work until 4am. What time do I wake up? 6:46am. So I go back to sleep. What time is it now? 9:12. Awesome. My mind and my body are in some sort of battle and I don't know who's side I am on. And I don't even have an actual alarm clock I use that I can throw against the wall. I supposed I could try and throw myself against a wall, that would be a sight. But I'm still exhausted, I just can't sleep. And I'm frustrated because last week my workout wasn't the greatest because I didn't get enough sleep, and I don't want a repeat of that. But at least this is the last Friday I have to stay up that late for a while. Hold on, I forgot to go put my dentures back in ...

While I was screaming at my body for waking up, I tried to roll over and get comfortable so I could fall back asleep, and my butt/hips/hamstrings decided to scream back at me. Holy crap are they sore. Guess I figured out how to push through my heel during my lunges! That and I increased weight on everything. I'm starting to have a love/hate relationship with my goal of getting a PR each day. Who am I kidding, it's all love. Being able to push and squat more and more every week, feeling the effect of working hard, if I didn't love it I probably wouldn't have ever decided to start lifting. I'm just cranky this morning. And apparently going to yawn all day ... fourth one in the last 7 minutes.

I contemplated taking a nap later on today, but I just don't think I can swing that. I also am contemplating NOT having my cheat meal today. I haven't been perfect this week. I've had some major cravings because I made those bars, had to study (I really need to eat something to be able to focus when I study), and then when I don't eat for 9 hours because of work yesterday, I end up being short on a lot of my macros. I know that I can't grow or lose weight without eating. But I'm going to draw the line at staying up past 4 just to eat 40g of chicken. So because of how shaky this week was, I don't know that I deserve it. And I'm seriously worried that if I do have something, it will either A. make me sick or B. make me want to go back to eating that junk on the regular. I'd honestly prefer A. Not like throwing up sick, but upset stomach. I want my body to hate that processed junk, I think it will be easier to eliminate those cravings and temptations if so.

So I made these phenom turkey burgers yesterday. And they only took like 10 minutes total to prep and cook them. They were so tasty. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, although I'm sure that version is good. I just didn't measure anything and I added jalepeno. It was so delicious. Try them.

I hope you all remembered that Father's Day is tomorrow. I love my dad. He seriously is the greatest guy in the world, my family is incredibly lucky to have him. He tells the funniest jokes, clearly why my sisters and I are so funny. But seriously, he has always supported me and my decisions and has always been there to help me out of a bind. I love him. This is my fam from my sister Anne's wedding this past year. See that great guy? Totally lucky :)



Alright, folks, it's gym time. I'm on my own today, so hopefully I can maintain my focus and lift the weights over my head by myself! Shoulders and Biceps. Going to own it! Work hard today, you can rest when you are dying. (You don't need to remind me how motivational I am, I know haha)

3 comments:

  1. I love that you already gave me the "you can nap when you're sick and in the hospital" speech this morning. Get after it Sooz! Like a boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you rest when you are dying? or when you're already dead? let me know...b/c i think i'm dying........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya well, if you are dying and in the hospital and sickly is what I meant, then go ahead and take your nap. I met an old guy at the gym today (surprise, surprise, right?) and he was talking to me about lifting for strength vs aesthetics, and that we should lift for strength and protect our joints now. Which I took to mean, if I don't now, then I have to work too hard when I'm old and ready to retire.. and ready to rest. hah tangent. whatever. Like my homie 50 said "Sleep? Sleep is for those who are broke" broke and not reaching for their dreams. Funny store about 50...

      Delete