Sunday, June 17, 2012

Language isn't appropriate for anyone under the age of, eh, 14.

50 Cent is a hustler. Apparently he charges people in his neighborhood to shovel their driveways. Awesome. I feel like we have to be related. Thoughts, fam?

I dig this article, which is where I found out about 50 and his shoveling. Clown.

Another funny article I found -- and by found I mean I saw it on my friend's facebook wall -- is about Columbian's being donkey fuckers. Seriously. Maybe that's where the phrase (is it a phrase?) came from. Watch that video. Super interesting actually. Well not interesting. Enlightening possibly? I don't know. I learned something, and I liked the way the "reporters" went about it, even if they were just observing donkey fuckers. Hah. Damn Columbians.

Also, to everyone (Anne and Mary) that need some more sleep/rest talk, our boy Ben Franklin said "There will be sleeping enough in the grave." Now, that's what I was talking about it. Ben knows best. Or he knew, since he's dead and all, sleeping away. Maybe that means he does know best. Well, whatever. Ben = smart.

Anyway, yesterday I had a great Shoulders and Biceps workout. Reps were decreased slightly, so my weight went up on a lot of lifts, which is good. I met an old man who used to do body building, his name is Doug. Impressed that I finally remembered someone's name? Me too.

Shoulder Press - 4 sets with a negative
Upright Row ss Rear Flys - 4 sets
Lateral Cable Raises - 3 sets
Biceps Pulldown - 4 sets
Barbell Curls - 3 sets and a dropset
Incline Curls - 3 sets

I also had my cheat meal yesterday. It was good, and I don't feel sick or crappy today, but honestly, it was more work thinking about and preparing for a cheat meal, and I'm just happy to be back on my schedule. So I went to Spanky's on Franklin and started with some chips and salsa. Then I ordered the Huevos Burger. But I subbed grilled chicken for the burger since I don't really like burgers. It was delish. My favorite (and only thing I've had) thing from there. It's a chicken breast with a fried egg, tomato, onion, lettuce, and pico on a kaiser roll. Oh, and I had pub chips.



And yes, I just drank water. Can't get too crazy people!

This morning, I've been packing and cleaning and getting ready to move. I'm in the process of cooking 65 oz of chicken/turkey, 10 c broccoli, 20 oz sweet potatoes, and 4 c basmati rice. That's only 5 days of food, and that doesn't include my breakfast, oatmeal, protein shake, etc. SO MUCH FOOD! But I love feeling this prepared. I'm excited to get down to Greensboro, find the gym, and start this part of my summer. Gotta get back to the kitchen :) Have a great Sunday, friends!

2 comments:

  1. http://yourlocalsecurity.com/in-good-measure/sleep-or-die

    I like sleep :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha we all know I am a grandma and go to bed while normal people watch the bachelorette or some other equally awesome show ;) My point was more about not sacrificing things that you NEED to do for something you might LIKE to do. At night, you NEED to get your sleep.. during the day though, there are other things that should take priority!

      Delete