Saturday, June 9, 2012

Week's end - Recap

Did you think I was missing? It's been a grip since I've blogged, life has been busy! Thursday night, after my leg workout, I got a massage, and it was PHENOMENAL. It was a birthday present from my wonderful sister, and since I used it almost 6 months later, it's like celebrating my birthday all over again! My masseuse is the best. Since I went to massage school, I have a table, so she comes to my house and gives me a massage at night, so I can just lay there afterwards and go straight to bed. Definitely the way to go, people, much more relaxing then having to get dressed, get in your car, and drive home.

Yesterday and today I've had two really good workouts. Well today was rough getting less than 5 hours of sleep. You could tell I was dragging, which was frustrating, and I just wanted to get to the end of the workout. But I've continually been increasing weight which is awesome. Even today at good 'ol Ram's head I increased, so I was pretty pleased with that. I worked last night though and didn't get home until 3:30am this morning. And then I woke up on my own at 6:23am. I almost got up before realizing I hadn't even been asleep for 3 hours, so I let myself "sleep in". Luckily CJ woke me up at 8:30 so I could get my day started. We got our workout in, I returned that ridiculous Victoria Secret's swimsuit, and finished my take home final for school all before noon. Very productive morning.

I've finally picked out a competition suit and am in the process of sizing and ordering that, I'm very excited to get it. Thank you all for your input :) I'm grateful for these next two days of rest. I have a lot I need to do to get ready for the move to Greensboro. I'm planning on coming back most weekends, but I need to be really good about planning so that I make sure I have all of my gym gear, supplements, food scale, blender, etc, that I'm not sure will be there for me. We are going to look at 2 gyms on Monday after we get there, and once that is lined up I'll be good to go. Once I finalize my packing list, I'll let you know what all I am bringing to give you an idea of how much prep I have to do. Thursday I spent about 3 hours reworking my food schedule so that my macros would be more evenly spread throughout the day, and this weekend Meredith will be giving me changes to that, so I'll get to do it all over! Luckily, planning and organizing makes me very happy.

Okay, I need to be a little soft for a minute:

Thank you all for your support and motivation and encouragement. For asking questions and not being (at least outwardly) judgmental of my goal and my adventure getting there. I had a hard time this weekend, because I know there are some people close to me that don't support this and don't think I should do it and have their concerns and they were brought up in conversation. I guess I always knew they didn't support it, which was why I didn't tell them I was doing it, but hearing them question it was really hard for me. And I really appreciate all of you who are reading this and interested in either what I'm doing or how it's going. And I appreciate the comments, texts, and questions you all give me, because it let's me know that I'm not in this alone, because I don't think I could do it if I was. So thank you.

Well, I got to keep going on this productive streak I have. Shopping in Mebane tomorrow, so I have a lot to get done this afternoon. And I'm working tonight at Bada if any of you want to come hang out! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. i really like that "mary williams" is a label on this post. can you write more about that amazing girl??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty tickled to be mentioned! I feel like this is my claim to fame! And I support whatever you do Miss Sooz. You're a tremendous sister and incredibly disciplined and dedicated! And heck, you'll never know what you think of something until you try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Lylasbcur1 and even would if you weren't.

      Delete