Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Half and Whole.. It's Birthday Week People!

This is going to be a great week, I can just feel it! Yesterday, there was no workout and I got an early day off work! It was such a great day, until 8:30 rolled around and I found out I was having a Bachelorette watching party (thanks Jess and CJ). That show might be the most pathetic and ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

This is also the week of birthdays. Sunday was my home girl Melissa's half birthday, and one of my very sweet and favorite "sister's" birthday, Janell. Those two are two of my very closest and favorite people I met in Kansas. Yesterday was Jesus's half birthday, and to finish of the halves, today is Nutmeg's 1/2 birthday! That's my sister's dog. Isn't he adorable?
 
He did that himself.. Talented snuggler
Wednesday is Jack's birthday (my Kansas neighbor friend who moved to Greensboro), Thursday is CJ's birthday, and Friday is Meredith's birthday. Holy crap people. That's a lot of births. However, this week conveniently falls on my last week of bulking! Which also means I get another cheat meal! I think I'm going to actually have a cheat meal and not just a grilled chicken sandwich WITH the bun. Rebel, I know. But this busy week also means hello 5am gym crowd! Yay. I'm okay with this actually, I love working out in the am, I just don't like having to work after it. But whatever, I need to get back to my bed by 8:30 up by 4:30 routine. There have been too many 5am nights in my last three weeks, and it is seriously screwing me up. I was up until 11:15 last night playing Minesweeper. Really, Susie?

Workout today was great. Mere dropped my reps to 4-6 for some exercises so I can really lift as much as possible. It felt awesome, but I was a little disappointed that it fell on a week where my shoulder is aching me. The pullups I really wanted to get unassisted this week, but I had to do them with 2 plates off (less than 8# which is still awesome) because the pulling up irritated my shoulder. If I could take a week off I think it would be good, I really think it's just a little anterior impingement because the rotator cuff tendons are inflammed. It feels better each day, and now it's really just bringing it down from forward flexion or abduction that bothers me. I also have some crepitus on both shoulders (abrasive test for you PTs) which indicates an abrasion of the torn tendon margins against the coracoacromial arch. But since I have it in both shoulders, and my left isn't painful at all anymore, I'm not as concerned with that. 30 year old Susie is going to hate 24 year old me. I promise to take time off and get healed come November. Anyway:

Back and Core:
Pullups
Bentover BB Rows on the smith machine
Lat Pull downs - narrow grip
Single Arm DB Rows
V Sits
Stability Ball Crunchs + Med Ball OH

Great workout, but glad to be done. 30 days into Meredith's program and I'm feeling great. I think I have picked a competition, with her help of course, and it's in Greensboro November 3. 18 weeks from this Saturday. Wow. There is also a competition Aug 25th by the same guy in Greensboro that I'll be going to just to check it out, if anyone wants to come.

Nutrition today was also spot on. I planned out every meal this AM before eating my second meal of the day and that works so much better for me. I don't cheat, I don't consider subbing things, and I get everything in that I need. If I take it meal by meal, I tend to want to splurge on some extra fat or proteins here and there and then at the end of the day I need like 50g carbs, 0.2g fat, and a random amount of proteins that makes it so difficult to meet. This is much better for me. Organization and planning pays off people!

Well, gym time tomorrow is 5:30 am so that I can hang out with Jack for his birthday tomorrow. Can't wait but it'll be a busy day for me! Hope you all are having a great week, we're almost half way through, keep plowin through!

Oh and I wanted to give a S/O to my sister Anne for kicking ass at her leg workout yesterday! She worked them harder then anyone I know and now can't sit on the toilet or walk down stairs. Couldn't be more proud :)


3 comments:

  1. Nutty and I both appreciate the shout-outs, thanks! Altho, I told him that his was only half as loud as mine :c) You know, can't go overboard on the half bdays....

    However, my butt and quads do not so much appreciate your inspiration ha ha. I'll let you know how today goes. YOU KICK BOOTY AND I AM SO PROUD OF AND INSPIRED BY YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments in order that they popped to mind...

    1) Sunday is YOUR HALF BIRTHDAY!!! HOOTIE HOO!
    2) I hope you at least won at Minesweeper.
    3) Good to know Anne is having some troubles sitting (is it just toilet specific, or are chairs and benches troublesome as well?) from being a beast in the gym!
    4) Nutmeg is just precious.
    5) I am putting November 3rd in my calendar so I can come hoot and holler during your competition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I know!! I don't know how it slipped my mind when I was posting that! My game is falling.. Do you think mom will send me a cake/birthday card?
      2. I play until I win.. and then I play again. I always win, duh
      3. I was just told toilets.. maybe because they are cold
      4. Preach.
      5. You are so wonderful :)

      Delete