Saturday, June 2, 2012

Get Out of the Way, Old Man

It's 7:30. I just finished eating dinner and cooking 5 pounds of chicken for the next.. eh, hopefully more than 5 days. And I could go to sleep. Yes, 7:30 on a Saturday night and the only thing I'm craving is my bed. And a shower. Today's workout was great, but my gosh does my bod hurt in every way possible. Luckily, it was shoulders and bis today and they weren't too bad, well they weren't at 10 am.

Shoulder Press
Upright Row ss Rear Flyes
Lateral Cable Raises
Bicep Pulldowns
Barbell Curls
Alternating Incline Curls

Pretty great workout. Except for the damn cables. The SRC is closed on the weekend, why? I have no idea. But it is, so I workout at Rams, and I don't know who weighed the weights on the cable machines, but they were on crack. Every machine with cables is off. WAY off. How is it that I can do 10 reps of biceps pulldowns at 85-90# at the SRC and barely get 45# at Rams? And I can curl a 60# Barbell, but I can't curl 25# with an EZ bar attached to their cable machine? Get real. It doesn't even add up if they were in kgs. It's just stupid, which is another reason I hate Rams. Even if Ram's was right, and everything else in the world was wrong, well Ram's makes me feel weak, and that's one thing I will not accept. So I complain about it. Every week. Whatever.

I tried to massage my quads today. It resulted in my crying for my mom (literally.. I said I want my mom!) at every knot and tight spot I came across. I don't know why whenever something is wrong I cry for my mom. Don't get me wrong, she's great. But she's not the most sympathetic. If somethings wrong she'll be all My poor baby! for about 5 minutes, and then is like Okay, Susie, get over it. It's really not that big of a deal. Thank you, mother. Must be where I get my sympathy. Hah.

I did play my last game tonight though. It was great, despite the loss. My ankle felt like a million bucks, my legs got loosened up, and I knocked a few old guys to the ground. Chased a guy about 80 yards, and plowed him over. He congratulated me for it. My kinda man. I don't care how many years these guys have on me (some I'm guessing about 35-40) they. can. RUN. You would think a 24 year old would have no problem beating them to every ball. Think again. After chasing that guy down, I kind of just stood there and was like, Well I'm done. It's fun though. AND! I successfully turned down pizza and beer afterwards. Not just any pizza and beer. FREE PIZZA AND BEER And if you know ANYTHING about me, you'll know I am a whore for free anything. I am frugal as can be, and expect you to pay me that quarter back you borrowed. I never forgot. But anyway, the point was that I turned it down. I walked away. I was tempted, oh you better believe I wanted that, but I am SO PROUD of myself for saying NO. It's not worth it, and my stomach would probably hate me for it all night. So yes, I'm 24, push down old men for fun, turn down free food and booze, and want to go to bed at 7:30. Who's surprised I'm single?

So, I have successfully completed my first week of training for this competition. Before starting, I saw the workouts and thought Only 5 days a week? Seriously? I don't know the last time I worked out only 5 days a week! I even tried to ask Mere if I could make it a 6 day split, taking only 1 day rest. But now that day 5 is over, I'm happy she said no. I am so excited for my rest days. Maybe I'll go walk on an incline tomorrow, but maybe I'll just lay in bed and color in a coloring book. Who knows. For once, I'm going to let myself relax. And do the homework I didn't do today. Shocker. Well friends, it's about that time. DSB. Dishes. Shower. Bed. Take that Pauly D.

No comments:

Post a Comment