Friday, June 22, 2012

Estoy de vuelta en Chapel Hill!

I'm an idiot. Today, I got to go back to the SRC and OH MY GOD I don't think I could've been happier to be back. BUT I lifted the same amount as last week (well.. I increased overall.. but didn't pick up a heavier DB then I did last week if that makes sense.. ) and definitely over did it. I think I seriously screwed up my right shoulder. Not that I'm going to let it stop me from lifting just as hard.. but  I'm just stupid. Same thing I did to my left a couple years ago.. strained it.. didn't back off.. and ended up having subluxation issues. All the ligaments on the left are loose so that shoulder is fairly unstable--although I've done a good job this last year strengthening the muscles to make it more stable--and now I'm doing the same thing to the right. Gotta be careful. It hurts to hold anything in my right arm, I had to have all my weights handed to me in the starting position (above my head usually) so that I could do the lifts. But the actual lifts gave me no trouble at all.. so who knows. Maybe we'll have a couple cancellations on Monday and I can have my CI take a look.

My workout was good though.
Flat DB Press
Incline DB Press
Incline Flyes
Dips
and some ab exercises

The abs were challenging but every week I get better at them and have to take fewer pauses to curse.

And guess what else is stupid? I've gained 2# this week that I've been gone. And I know I haven't been eating more, but it's probably because I'm not eating as much but also not working out as intensely. Don't worry, (I know you all are) I'll be back on track by next weekend. Progress pictures need to be taken and I need to make a decision about when I'm competing. Fingers crossed for November.. but I'm not going to do it if I can't be ready. Gotta stay focused.

This evening after getting back, I had a nice video chat with my sisters, and practiced my spanish. We've decided to make a spanish cooking video. Once it happens.. I'll be sure to post it for y'alls viewing pleasure :)

Well, I'm going to do a little icing and then hit the hay. So happy to be back home, just wish Bliz was here with me! Oh well. 8 weeks and I get to be back with my biffer (yep, Ceej, I'm using that now!) Adios mis amigos! Tener una buena noche!


1 comment: