Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cheating

This weekend flew by. Sunday I made it out to Mebane for my much anticipated Polo-shirt-shopping-extravaganza! I bought 4 Polo's from Ralph, all super exciting. Then went to J. Crew and they were so nice to let me get 4 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts, and a cute top (not a polo) for $5 more than Ralph! I was pumped. Had to finish off the trip by hitting up the Nike Outlet and get some fresh kicks, and some dry fit tops. As much as I hate shopping, it was great. And I'll have you know I did all of this in under an hour and a half.

So this week, Meredith has made very slight changes to my workout and nutrition plans. For the workout, the week's splits are the same, we are just dropping reps on a few exercises most days, and adding in a few more negatives and drop sets. Thankfully, no more 12 rep days, except for with legs. Which as much as I hate lifting high reps-especially with my legs-it went much better Week 2, so I'll get over it.  As far as nutrition goes, my calories, carbs, and protein were bumped up slightly. It's funny when I started this how I didn't think I could get 100g protein or 100g carbs even, eating clean as much as I was hungry, and now I'm so used to it I am always over on protein, which is good, and hitting the carbs. Still having a tricky time with fats though. I'm either wayyyy too low, or slightly over (like 2-4g over, nothing drastic). I've decided that I'm going to be as consistent as possible on every meal, so that while I'm in Greensboro, it will be much easier. Less shopping, less thinking, and hopefully I can do most of my meal prep in Chapel Hill on the weekends. I won't know for sure, though, until I get there, so we will just have to wait and see. I can't believe we are starting our clinicals in less than a week! Exciting.

Also an exciting thing of note, I get a cheat meal this week! As exciting as that is, it's been causing me an incredible amount of "stress". Not like freaking out stress, but constant obsession. I have no idea what I want or what I am missing. I thought at first, ooo Mexican food. But I don't really think it's the Mexican food - since I can basically have that with very few substitutions, all of which are easy and common sense, I think it's the chips and salsa. And even though it's a cheat meal, I'm not going to let myself eat 3 baskets of chips, because yes, I would easily do that. I also can't stop thinking about ice cream. But since this isn't LeMars, Iowa and this isn't the Ice Cream Capitol of the World, and there isn't a Blue Bunny Ice Cream factory, this isn't realistic either. I don't like that frozen yogurt crap. I want real, dairy based, thick, delicious ice cream. So to get this, I'd have to buy a carton. And if I'm having a cheat meal, I want to have my favorite 3 flavors - Bunny Tracks, Cookies and Creme, Cookie Dough, let's make it 4 and throw in Double Strawberry - so that means I'd buy 4 containers. And then post-cheat meal, I have 4 opened cartons of ice cream in my freezer. I have self-restraint.. but not that much. So 4 cartons is out. Even if I did one, it's unrealistic that I wouldn't eat the rest of the carton in the next day or 2. So Ice cream is not an option. What else do I want? Sometimes a milky way. But after I eat that, I would not be satisfied, and I'm worried that it will make me crave them more, and right now I'm really having no problem not giving into those cravings. So what should I cheat with?! Suggestions are welcomed. Not only welcomed, solicited. Give me ideas on what to eat!!! This opportunity doesn't come often, so I need to make it worth it! And don't suggest chicken, any vegetable, or rice - or any form of rice, you weird cous-cous fans.

Monday, was a good day. Long day of class, but got a lot crossed off my to-do list, which is always a great feeling. Except I had to walk home in the rain. Rain let's talk. I don't hate you, but there are times I could go without you. If I'm running outside, playing a sport, being awesome - rain all you want. If I'm watching a sport, obnoxious. If I'm staying in for the night, watching a movie, or sleeping - go ahead and pour. If I'm wanting to going out at night - wait until after 2am. If I have to study or sit in class - please rain, it will keep me focused. If I am on my way to or from class, you are likely going to make me not go. Seriously. In undergrad, if it was raining - cold rain especially - or too snowy, and I didn't like my class or only had 1 that day, you better believe I wasn't going. Sorry, teach, but my wardrobe doesn't allow it. I will not wear jeans, shoes, or socks in the rain. And when it's March/April in Kansas, it's not warm enough to not wear pants and socks and shoes. So I can't make it. Yesterday, I went to the Teet (Harris Teeter is my grocery store for you midwesteners), and when I was leaving it was raining. So I was trying to load my 3 bags into the car and this lady tries to park in the empty spot next to me. I thought about moving the cart, but then I thought, no, I'm standing in the pouring rain and you are sitting in your nice dry car. Plus there were 3 spots closer to the store, so I didn't feel bad. Did she move? No, she sat there and tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, and rested her chin in her hand, as I stared at her. F off, lady. As I shut my door, she gave me that little raised hand and open jaw look like, what the f. finally! thanks for not moving. And I seriously contemplated leaving my cart in that spot, getting in my car, and driving off. She deserves to have a bad day after giving me 'tude. And that is why I hate the rain when I'm not staying inside or playing a sport. You put everyone in an impatient, crappy mood.

After like 10 minutes of complaining to myself about that lady, I was over it. And I had a productive night, did a lot of studying for my final, and I'm ready to get my Back and Core on today! Going to be a great workout, I can just feel in. I'm ready to pump some major iron (hah :) ), focus, and get big. These next 2 weeks are critical. I need to put on some major mass, and you know what, I am going to do just that. So folks, have a great day. Take advantage of every hour and do something now, so that tomorrow you are ready to build upon it. Don't keep putting things off. Later!

5 comments:

  1. blue bunny makes individual sized ice cream cups! if you can find them in your grocery store, you can buy all 4 flavors and not have any leftovers :)

    annnnnd, for those non weight trainers of us out there, i think you should create a "what the heck does that mean" page. think of it as your gift to the world...weight training for dummies with a few susie-isms on the side!

    xoxo go get 'em pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have and will include links in my future posts to things you might not know! And I'll just go ahead and make that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. chips and guac - it's the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been contemplating.. chips, doritos, cheetos.. yum!

      Delete
  4. I'm late to the page, but why not go all out and do chips and seven layer dip. Boom, controversy solved.

    Also, I too, don't mind the rain when I'm being awesome :)

    ReplyDelete