Friday, June 15, 2012

Prettier with a Dumbbell for a Face?

I woke up at 4:30am to study for my final, made it about an hour, and then decided to listen to some motivational music to pump me up until my test. Hey, everyone has their own method of preparing, mine just doesn't include the test material. It's okay, I still am doing well. Anyways, here are some great quotes I pulled from the "songs". Let these be your inspiration for the weekend as you focus on your goals and finishing the week off on a strong note:
  • If you do it right the first time, you don't have to go back and do it a second time.
  • Don't try to quit, you're already in pain, you might as well get a reward for it.
  • You have to WANT to be successful and you have to be willing to SACRIFICE things: partying, certain foods, sleep, something, anything. (okay, I paraphrased this one a bit.. but the concept is from the song)
  • You want more then you have now? Prove it. Go out there and get it.
My workout today was, well, if you consider almost dropping weights on your face great, it was great. Chest and core today. I increased weight for everything but they flys, and on each set of the flat presses I would be doing great and then I'd laugh, and swear loud enough for the whole gym to hear (it was quiet in there, give me a break) or my shoulder would give out, and I would drop a 50# dumbbell on my chest, nearly on my face a few times. But I was still pumped that I got most of my reps at that weight. I know everyone has to start somewhere, and I know 6 months ago I was doing 20# probably, but I just love lifting next to a guy who's doing the same exercise and 10# less then me. Getting beastly.. and that's the goal :) I'm finally realizing how helpful it is to have a workout partner. I'm able to increase weight a lot faster because without Ceej, I wouldn't be able to get the weight into the starting position half the time, and I'd be stuck back on 35s still. Thanks homie.

Workout:
Flat DB Press - 4 sets with a negative
Incline DB Press - 4 sets with a negative
Incline DB Flyes - 4 sets
Bodyweight Dips - 3 sets
Decline crunches ss Russian Twists - 3 sets
Roman Chairs - 4 sets

The abs still suck, but they are getting easier every week. I'm getting some pretty good definition in my abs, which I love. Thanks, parents, for the good genes, I am a fan of my symmetrical tendinous intersections--so far anyway. Did you know that a 6-pack, 8-pack, 10-pack, whatever-pack you can get just has to do with how the tendons split it up? Everyone has the same rectus abdominus (which is the muscle that goes vertically down your stomach) but you have horizontal tendons that split up the muscle to give it the 6-pack or whatever you get look. So, if you have 6 pack, you can't get an 8-pack, you don't have enough tendons. If they are uneven, that's just how you were made, deal with it. Everyone's abs look slightly different and there is nothing you can do about it. Proof (page 137 first column if you doubt me)

I downloaded some new workout music today. That way I don't have to listen to the "shag" music of the SRC as CJ refers to it. Weird Southerns. If you want workout music, this guy is phenom. He mixes popular songs, and older songs, and it just never stops. Plus you can download all his tracks fo' free. Check out his facebook if you want. He's my bff. Well, if we met he would be.

I got a letter from my bff yesterday (not DJ Rolemodel, too many bffs I guess! Can't help that I'm awesome) and it completely made my day. He went to KU with me and was such a big part of my life there. Now he is at boot camp in Oklahoma training for the special forces. I love his letters, they remind me why he's my best friend and make me so proud of him. They are planning on stationing him at Ft. Bragg once he's done with his training in OK which would just be the greatest thing ever. Fingers crossed!

Well, y'all, the weekend has begun. The big move is on Sunday and I have plenty of food prep and packing to get myself ready. I know I'm coming back to CH this first weekend, so I'm thinking of making all my food on Sunday and bringing it. I'll keep you up-to-date. I also am planning on my cheat meal tomorrow and still have NO IDEA what I'm eating, but you better believe it will be delicious. Hard to beat my typical chicken-broccoli-egg regimen though, so it's going to be a tough decision :)


No comments:

Post a Comment