Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Hate Change. Yes, hate.

Today I got to give a little soft tissue massage to someone, do some PA and inferior glides to a shoulder of an amputee patient, do lymphedema drainage, and write two notes. Quite an exciting day for only having 2 of the 8 patients scheduled show up!

I started my first clinical rotation yesterday, and it's been fun, but very overwhelming. I have a lot of studying to be doing. Yesterday was also a bit stressful trying to find a gym and trying to figure out my nutrition. By 7:30 pm I had only had 3 meals.. out of the 5-6 I usually have had by then. I was not a happy camper, at all. But today has been much better. I got in my first workout of the week -- Back and Core -- with only minor adjustments. The gym I found only has smith machines, and doesn't have any barbells I can load, or any barbells or dumbbells over 60#. That's a problem when I'm supposed to be doing bent over rows at 100#. But I made it work. I was happy with my pull ups though. Only 2 plates off, which I don't know how much weight that is, but 6 plates off is 22# off, so I was pretty stoked. Hopefully next week I can do at least 1 set of 10 with no assistance at all. That would be my highlight of the month I think! Today food also went better. I didn't have to go in until 9 am -- I've switched schedules around -- so I will luckily be able to eat 2 meals before going to work most mornings. I also only have to work Fridays 8-12 for the first 4 weeks, and then the next 4 weeks I have Fridays off, so I'll be going back to my gym in Chapel Hill 2 workouts a week which will also make things better.

Not much else to mention, I have a lot to review before bed, and it's already 9:25pm. Have a good night, I'd leave you with something motivational, but right now I'm just trying to get through the week without getting too stressed out about all the changes!

3 comments:

  1. Here's a motivational quote for ya, Sooz - you are amazing and I know this week will only get easier! xoxo

    People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.
    - Zig Ziglar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zig Ziglar is a smart man :) Thanks for your help, I love you!

      Delete
  2. Best motivational post yet Bell! I laughed out loud (or lol'd) at that one!

    ReplyDelete