Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday's Weakness

I just want tomorrow morning to be over with! Let me explain. I have been doing SO great resisting cravings and not even being tempted with snacks, treats for people's birthdays, etc. There is a classmate's birthday this Saturday, but because class ends Friday, and we are taking our test that day, I am making a treat to bring tomorrow. So I made this new cookie/brownie/bar/whatever you want to call it. Caramel-toffee-peanut butter-brownie (I used this recipe and changed a few things to make it a bit healthier and better imo) is what it is. I made it, and CJ was here and graciously offered to lick the batter and rinse the bowl IMMEDIATELY so I wouldn't have to deal with the temptation. Phew. Well now she is gone and the bars are just sitting on my counter. I can't eat one anyway, because then there wouldn't be enough for tomorrow, but they are just sitting there, staring at me, and seriously making me want to eat some sort of sweets. I just need them out of my house. I am not wasting my cheat meal on a damn cookie/bar/concoction. I refuse.

Despite this little temptation, todays nutrition has been SPOT ON! I am so excited, and it was so easy, and honestly I enjoyed every one of my meals. My morning snack is a little bland, so I may have to see if I can spare a few grams of different macros here and there to add salsa/cheese/something, but all in all, they are good. This is what I had today:

Breakfast:
4 egg whites, 1 egg, mixed with cilantro, onion, tomato, mushroom and mozzarella, and a slice of ezekial garlic toast
Mid-morning Snack:
4 oz chicken, broccoli, 3/4 c brown basmati rice (see, a little boring)
Lunch:
Chicken wrap with spinach, cilantro, onion, tomato, and cottage cheese. Which is AH-MA-ZING!
Post Workout Smoothie:
Protein powder, plain greek yogurt, strawberry/banana/blueberry/mango/raspberry (some combination), flax seed, and unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Dinner:
Chicken with mozzarella, sweet potato, broccoli
Evening Snack:
Chicken, Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal, String Cheese

My dinner and evening snack changes regularly, but the other 4 meals are pretty set in stone. And I like it that way. It makes life simple and I know what to expect, and I'm always satisfied. Always. Except when I have to bake.

Workout today was interesting. I increased weight on EVERYTHING, yet for some reason I wasn't happy with it. And on the tricep dips, holy moly I thought my rib was going to pop right off my sternum. I did my first set of 12 with 105# on my lap. That was too easy, so next set of 10 I decided to throw a 25# plate on top of the stack and do 130#. Well I did 9 alright, went down for the 10th and couldn't get up. IT. HURT. Oh God I think I was bitching loud enough for the whole gym to hear. Lie, but you get the idea. Pissed me off. And that was towards the end of the workout, I was pissed off before. I don't know why because I did awesome, but it just didn't feel successful. I guess we all have those days where you are just too hard on yourself and nothing is going to be good enough. But here's the workout

Standing BB Press - 4 sets
Arnold Press - 4 sets and a drop set
Front Raise - 3 sets
Lateral Raise - 3 sets
Dips - 4 sets
Triceps Cable superset - 3 sets each
30 Pushups

Even though I increased weight on everything, and my chest was broken in half, I was so stoked about my pushups. I easily can do 30 in a row. The last 2 weeks I've been doing 15 with a narrow set base (hands right under my shoulders) and 15 with a wider set base (so that when I'm done, my hands are under my elbows) Today, I got 20 and 10. My goal for next week is to do all 30 with a narrow base. Doable. Or at least it will be!

Well, I'm exhausted, and I still have 6 slides of powerpoints to get through (I know, that really isn't that much, but I have to do it before bed. Stickin' to my schedule). I got to video chat with Bliz tonight (and my fam, obviously.. she's not that techy yet!) so that's why I'm up WAY past my bed time. Grandma might be cranky tomorrow if I don't wrap this up! Orientation for my new job at the Carolina Club tomorrow, so who knows when I'll finish studying for this final, but I think I'm good to go anyway. I'll just wing it :)

The week is half way over, y'all. If you've been slacking so far, put it behind you and kick it up a gear to finish the week off strong. Make it to the weekend while accomplishing your goals. Night!

2 comments:

  1. Video chatting w/ Bliz Bear is probably more reliable than hoping mom will read her your letters. :) Mad impressed that you're doing ring dips with an extra 130#! I'm also stealing your breakfast and lunch... they sound delicious. Your evening snack could use some work..

    Smooches pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not ring dips.. bench dips. No way would I have that much with rings! Evening snack is basically.. what can I eat that will finish off all my macros.. ha I'll work on it for ya

      Delete