Saturday, June 2, 2012

New Recipes

I have to put my hand on the toilet before I sit down. My legs will give out otherwise. I love it. My right cheek is a little more tender than the left, and it feels like someone threw bricks at my back for the last 2 hours. The benefits of working hard in the gym :) Yesterday I had Chest and Core, and let me tell you it was a pretty pathetic sight. My abs were still sore from Tuesday, but I didn't think they were that sore! I had decline sit ups and I was crying for my bed the whole time. But I got it done. They're still sore today but no more than yesterday, so I'm doing alright. Today is Shoulders and Biceps, luckily those muscles are all ready to roll!

Today's workout:
DB Shoulder Press
BB Upright Rows ss Rear Flys
Cable Lateral Raises
Bicep Pulldowns
BB Curls
Incline Curls

So yesterday, after my workout, I tried a new protein shake. I found it on Little B's Blog. It's a mint chocolate protein shake. I made it slightly different though. I mixed:

1 1/2 scoops protein powder
3 strawberries
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
handful of spinach
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 drop peppermint extract
ice

It was good, I think a lot of you, or most people, would like it. But it was wayyyy too chocolatey for me. I think it would be a good treat if I was craving candy or something. So, I'll make it again, but maybe I'll add a little less cocoa. And for breakfast this morning I had protein pancakes for a little change from my typical egg and veggie mixture. I originally got this recipe from Jamie Eason on Bodybuilding.com but I have changed it slightly. For this I mixed (in the blender):

1 c Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2/3 c egg whites
1/4 c flour
2/3 c oats
2 scoops protein powder
1 Tbsp cinnamon
Splash of Vanilla Extract

Then just make it like regular pancakes, and I topped mine with a Tbsp of peanut butter. Yummmm. I love peanut butter, sometimes when I'm short numbers at the end of the day, I just eat a spoonful of PB. This recipe makes 2 servings (for me anyway) and it's 332 calories, 35g carbs, 37g protein, 3.5g fat (not counting the peanut butter).

Well, I need to get this day started. Going to look for a gym to join in Greensboro, do some homework (yay), get my workout in, and I have my last soccer game tonight. Have a great weekend y'all, be productive and don't forget about your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment